Lauded as one of the area's premier nature-based attractions, Otis Reservoir will excite those who love nature.
Otis, roughly 110 miles (177 kilometers) from Concord, the state capital, is where you'll find it.
Part of the beauty of the area surrounding Otis Reservoir is its lack of development. Unfortunately, this also means that you have to go a bit further out for some accommodations. Travel 13 miles (21 kilometers) and you will find Great Barrington, along with 5 places to stay. The Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Lenox Great Barrington, Days Inn Great Barrington and Monument Mountain Motel are three options you might like to consider.
Other Things to Do Near Otis Reservoir
If you want to experience more than just Otis Reservoir, check out what else the area has to offer:
- Take a trip to Tolland State Forest to enjoy a walk, some birdwatching or a picnic with your family.
- Make sure you get around to seeing Farmington River, a notable body of water that should definitely be on every visitor's to do list.
- Try out the peaks at Otis Ridge to satisfy your adrenaline cravings.
- Try out the peaks at Maple Corner Farm Cross Country Ski Area to feel that rush of adrenaline you've been craving.
- Anyone who likes to get back to nature will enjoy some time at the peaceful Becket Land Trust Historic Quarry.