Where to stay in Oklahoma City: Best areas for travelers
- Central Oklahoma City: Offering mouthwatering food, shops galore and famous attractions, this neighborhood is an irresistible place to stay. Base yourself someplace comfy like the Motel 6 Oklahoma City, the Super 8 by Wyndham Oklahoma Fairgrounds or the Days Inn by Wyndham Oklahoma City Fairground. But don't spend too long in your room — Oklahoma City Zoo and National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum are waiting for you!
- Norman: You've got loads of options when it comes to comfortable places to stay in this area. To begin with, take a look at the Americas Best Value Inn Norman at Univ of Oklahoma, the Days Inn by Wyndham Norman and the Super 8 by Wyndham Norman. You'll be able to jump out of bed and be at exciting attractions like Gaylord Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium soon after.
- Edmond: If you need to spend time in nature to unwind, head for Mitch Park and Arcadia Lake. Soak up the serenity by day, and at night, make the most of the creature comforts at the Red Carpet Motel. The Executive Inn and the Stratford House Inns - Edmond are two more options to consider.
- Downtown Oklahoma City: With comfortable hotels like The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, the Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel and the Colcord Hotel available here, you might never want to leave your room. But before you get too comfy, spend some time at Myriad Botanical Gardens. It's one of this neighborhood's major attractions.
- South Oklahoma City: Getting some time out in nature is terrific for your mind, body and spirit. You can do just that in this neighborhood at Earlywine Park and Sellars Park. Want to stay in the area? Unpack your suitcase at the Home2Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City South, the Red Roof Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Southwest or the Hampton Inn & Suites Oklahoma City - South.
Top Oklahoma City hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City Vacations
Can you imagine a city founded by plotting sites of land, lining up 50,000 hopeful homesteaders, and yelling “Go!”? That’s how Oklahoma City got its start. Throw some cowboys tending to their herds and Native American settlements on the open plains, and voila—you have a true frontier town. While “The Land Run” occurred in 1889, that same exciting spirit of exploration holds true today. A vacation in Oklahoma City is your chance to yell “Go!” to outdoor adventure, a melting pot of culture, and eclectic cuisine.
Ready to explore? Enjoy your journey into America’s heartland with the best Oklahoma City vacation packages. Travelocity bundles your airfare and accommodations into Oklahoma City package deals that save you enough money to better enjoy the attractions the city has to offer.
Where Are the Best Places to Stay in Oklahoma City?
Whether you’re planning a family vacation in Oklahoma City, are looking for an unexpected destination for a romantic getaway, or will be in town for business, downtown is your best bet. You’ll be close to all the action, but just a short drive to the attractions outside the city limits. Here are some of our favorite hotels in downtown Oklahoma City:
- Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel – The Sheraton has a completely new look, thanks to a recent remodeling of its guest rooms and meeting spaces. Highlighted by the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed, the well-appointed rooms provide the perfect place to slumber after a day spent exploring the neighborhood. The hotel features the 1889 Land Run Café, Aria Lounge, seasonal outdoor pool, and on-site fitness center.
- The Skirvin Hilton – This landmark hotel was built in 1911, and delivers modern amenities and refined décor behind its classic red-brick façade. Enjoy innovative fine dining at the Park Avenue Grill or a craft cocktail at the Red Piano lounge. Your inner art lover will appreciate the Skirvin’s Artist in Residence program, which showcases new creative works on a revolving schedule. After you’ve experienced the hotel’s features, find quiet serenity in your luxurious room.
- Colcord Hotel – Erected in 1910, the Colcord building was the first “skyscraper” in Oklahoma City, checking in at a whopping 12 stories tall. The original marble and ornamental plaster are still there, providing a pleasing historic contrast to its ultra-modern amenities. Guest rooms provide contemporary décor, Bluetooth docking stations, 47-inch flat screen televisions, and free Wi-Fi.
- Biltmore Hotel Oklahoma – A perfect place for a family getaway, the Biltmore is within walking distance of White Water Bay water park and Celebration Station amusement park. This charming, affordable accommodation boasts two outdoor pools, an indoor pool, two nightclubs, a fitness room, and tennis courts—you’ll have more than enough things to do to fill your time in between your various sightseeing expeditions.
You’re ready to spend your Oklahoma City vacation exploring, but where do you go and what do you do? Saddle up and check out the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum, which features exhibits detailing the Wild West, Native Americans, and of course cowboys. When you’re done reliving a cattle drive, make your way to the Bricktown neighborhood and take a water taxi through its canal, stopping at different shops along the waterway. It’s a scene stolen from Venice and dropped in “The Sooner State.”
Are you the sporting type? Stay in Bricktown for the evening and enjoy a juicy hot dog and a cold beer while watching the Oklahoma City Dodgers swing for the fences at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark. Or, if you are a basketball fan, make that a beer and a dog while watching the Oklahoma City Thunder play at Chesapeake Arena.
Festivals and Events
Have you ever wanted to see modern-day cowboys ride bulls, wrestle steers, and corral broncos bareback? The Dodge National Circuit Finals Rodeo—one of the biggest in the nation—offers you the chance every April. If you want something a little tamer—and a tad more historical—grab a rental car and drive up to Guthrie for the annual ’89er Day Celebration. This event celebrates the Oklahoma Territory Land Run of April 22, 1889. A chuck wagon feed and reenactment are some of the spectacles you’ll be treated to during the weeklong jamboree.
Become a temporary Sooner with a trip to Oklahoma City. Browse Travelocity’s list of flights and cheap hotel rooms to bundle your trip into an Oklahoma City package. Your holiday in the heartland will be unforgettable, and with the money you save, you can treat yourself to one of the city’s famous onion burgers from a food truck…or a top-cut sirloin dinner in a multi-star establishment. Who are we to judge?
Tours and Activities in Oklahoma City
Going traveling isn't only about chilling out and recharging; it's about stepping out of your comfort zone and trying out something different. Ready for some awesome new experiences?
Headed to Oklahoma City? Why not treat yourself to an Indoor Skydiving Experience? After all, vacations are all about impromptu decisions!
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Oklahoma City?
How long should my Oklahoma City vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Oklahoma City?
Why should I purchase my Oklahoma City vacation bundle via Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Oklahoma City car rental if I book it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Oklahoma City?
Which airport is best for Oklahoma City?
What is there to do in Oklahoma City?
Where should I stay when visiting Oklahoma City?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.