Some historical sightseeing at 'Ili'ili'opae Heiau is the perfect way to get to know the area a little better.
It is located in Kaluaaha, 70 miles (113 kilometers) outside of Honolulu, the capital of the state.
If you're a glass half-full person, a positive thing about there only being 1 hotel option in the vicinity is that it's very hard to get your booking mixed up! The Molokai Vacation Properties – Wavecrest is just 2 miles (3 kilometers) from 'Ili'ili'opae Heiau.
Other Things to Do Near 'Ili'ili'opae Heiau
Whether you'd like to get off the main tourist track or check out the more popular attractions, you're not going to run out of things to do after you visit 'Ili'ili'opae Heiau:
- You'll be amazed at the power of nature and time evident in Octopus Rock, a stunning rock formation.
- As you enjoy the area, you should stop and check out Our Lady of Seven Sorrows, a local house of prayer. If you wish to spend a bit of time inside, make sure you ask about visiting times before your trip.
- Kaluaʻaha Church is a tranquil place of worship and a local tourist attraction that you might like to visit and admire.
- Anyone with an interest in history will like spending some time at Smith-Bronte Landing.
- If you'd like to take some great photos, head over to Waikolu Lookout and admire the impressive views.