ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
City center retreat
A stay at this River North hotel places you steps from Chicago Water Tower and within a 10-minute walk of John Hancock Center. Tribune Tower and Wrigley Building are also within half a mile (1 km).
A full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an indoor pool are all featured at this smoke-free hotel. Families will appreciate kid-friendly dining and supervised childcare. Enjoy the fitness center and perks like free WiFi.
Free Internet, comfy beds
The 339 guestrooms offer free WiFi and free wired Internet, LED TVs with cable channels, and thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers. Pillowtop beds, iPod docks, and dining areas are also available.
The Peninsula Chicago ratings based on 20 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for The Peninsula Chicago
Sep 4, 2018 by Manager
Dear Bob, Thank you for visiting The Peninsula Chicago and for sharing your kind comments. We hope to welcome you back soon! Warm regards, Max Schroeder Resident Manager
Jul 27, 2018 by General Manager
Dear codie, Thank you for visiting The Peninsula Chicago and for sharing your review. We are delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us in celebration of your birthday and we look forward to welcoming you back soon! Warm regards, Maria Zec Regional Vice President & General Manager
Elegant downtown hotel
Best experience in a hotel ever!
Outstanding Staff & room
Best hotel I have ever experienced
Still one of the best in Chicago!
They do it better than anyone else
About the The Peninsula ChicagoLocation 108 East Superior Street, Chicago, IL 60611
Renovations + Closures
The following facilities are closed seasonally each year. They will be closed from 22 January to 08 February:
- Swimming pool
The Peninsula Chicago offers its guests a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. There are 3 restaurants on site, along with a coffee shop/café. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. WiFi and wired Internet are free in public spaces. A business center, limo/town car service, and meeting rooms are available. A fitness center, a sauna, and a rooftop terrace are also featured at the luxury The Peninsula Chicago. Parking is available for a fee. This 5-star Chicago hotel is smoke free.
- 339 guestrooms or units
- 20 levels
- 3 dining venues
- 5 conference rooms
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Terrace on the roof
- Business facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front-desk safe
- Car service
- Wedding services available
- Gift shop
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Onsite shopping
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.) (29 km / 18 mi)
- Train station: Millennium Station (1.3 km / 0.8 mi)
- Metro station: Chicago Station (Red Line) (0.4 km / 0.2 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
The Peninsula Chicago offers 339 air-conditioned accommodations with iPod docking stations and DVD players. Accommodations offer separate dining areas. Pillowtop beds feature premium bedding. 55-inch LED televisions come with premium cable channels and pay movies. Coffee/tea makers and minibars are provided. Bathrooms include separate bathtubs and showers, bathrobes, slippers, and designer toiletries. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and complimentary newspapers, as well as phones; local, long-distance, and international calls are all complimentary (restrictions may apply). Additionally, rooms include laptop-compatible safes and complimentary bottled water. In-room massages, hypo-allergenic bedding, and irons/ironing boards can be requested. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily.
- Dining room
- Sitting area
- Pillowtop beds
- IPod dock
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- LED television
- Cable channels
- Premium channels
- Movies for purchase
- DVD player
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Separate shower and tub
- Cribs (free)
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Newspapers (free)
- International calls (free)
- Long distance calls (free)
- Local calls (free)
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Hair dryer
- Laptop safe
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board available
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy full breakfast daily.
Shanghai Terrace - This restaurant specializes in Chinese cuisine and serves lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Happy hour is offered.
The Lobby - This restaurant specializes in American cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. A children's menu is available.
Pierrot Gourmet - This bistro specializes in Modern European cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available.
The Bar - This bar specializes in American cuisine and serves light fare only.
24-hour room service is available.
An outdoor deck adjoins the 25-meter heated indoor pool. In the state-of-the-art fitness center, a wall of windows admits abundant natural light and frames city views. Cardio equipment comes with personal TVs and sound systems. Guests can participate in a wide range of group classes such as Pilates, yoga, Boot Camp, and Aqua Aerobics. Personal training is also available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Pilates classes on site
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Fitness classes on site
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
In addition to 8 soothing treatment rooms, the Peninsula Spa offers a eucalyptus steam room, a spa tub, and a relaxation lounge with a fireplace. Spa cuisine is also available. Treatments incorporate European, Asian, and Ayurvedic methods. Highlights include:
- Number of treatment rooms 8
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Minimum age to access spa is 16
- Thai massage
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 11 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 35.0 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: USD 100.00 per pet, per stay
- Only dogs and cats are allowed
- Maximum 2 per room (weight limit: 30 lb)
- Certain rooms only, restrictions apply
- You can request a pet-friendly room by reaching out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 20 and USD 80 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 71.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100.00 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 35.0 per day
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Chicago Peninsula
- Peninsula Chicago Hotel
- Peninsula Chicago
- Peninsula Hotel
- Peninsula Hotel Chicago
- The Peninsula Chicago Hotel Chicago
You should know
- Up to 2 children 11 years old and younger stay free in the same room as the parent or guardian when using existing bedding.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Pets are welcome in certain rooms only; other restrictions apply (please see the Fees section for related charges). To make arrangements for your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
Green / Sustainable Property
This property participates in EarthCheck, a program that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy.
- The Peninsula Chicago is listed in the 2012 Condé Nast Traveler Top 100 List.