As a connoisseur of the finer things in life, you seek out quality at its source. Bubbly is best when it is actually Champagne and not sparkling wine; master works of art should be viewed in a gallery instead of a book; and romantic getaways are more starry-eyed when taken in at an exotic locale. From a tour of the legendary vineyards to a morning marveling at the Mona Lisa, a trip to Paris puts the finer things at your feet. Arrive on one of the night flights to Paris, and you'll understand instantly why it's called the "City of Lights." Bright jewels decorate the Eiffel Tower, and the wide boulevards glow with electric fire. If your Paris flights arrive at Charles De Gaulle (CDG) during the day, you'll appreciate how the historic buildings, tree-lined streets, and ornate bridges make this metropolis one of the most visited in Europe. You could spend a lifetime exploring the French capital, so it may be best to prioritize which sights you want to take in and the cuisine you most wish to relish in.
Transportation from CDG
Choose hotels in Paris near CDG airport to minimize travel time from plane to room after your flight to Paris, but remember that accommodations anywhere in the city are within easy reach of the airport due to a superb public transportation system. The quickest way to the city center is to take the RER B train from either Terminal 1 or Terminal 2. You can buy tickets from numerous vending machines, which have BILLETS and TICKETS signs. Keep in mind, though, only cards with smart chips and 4- to 6-digit pin numbers work on these devices. If your card lacks either technology, visit a ticket office to complete your transaction with an employee. The train drops you off at one of five locations, where you can take a Metro subway car and walk to your hotel.
Hotels Near CDG
One of the great things about flying into Charles De Gaulle is that it is so close to downtown Paris. You’ll be sipping coffee at a café along the Champs-Élysées in no time. As such, some of the best accommodations in Paris are also just a very short ride from CDG. Here are some of the more popular Paris hotels:
- Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel: A thoroughly modern hotel amid a sea of antiquity, the Mercure lavishes contemporary-cool on its guests with nouveau cuisine options from its 15T restaurant, rooms with modern décor, and fitness center with views of the Eiffel Tower.
- L'Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe: With two amazing restaurants, an executive lounge, a relaxing spa, and an impressive fitness center (not to mention the Art-Deco guestrooms), you may forget that there is a beautiful, romantic city waiting to be explored outside the hotel’s front door.
- Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel: The completely chic Pullman is an optimum option for both business and leisure travelers—right in the shadow of Paris’s most renowned icon. With 23 flexible meeting rooms and over 450 suites and guestrooms, there is more than enough space for your corporate event or private getaway.
- Citadines Apart'hotel Saint-Germain-des-Prés Paris – This upscale, apartment-style hotel is just a short walk from the Louvre, making it a great place for any art-lover to call home while exploring the sights along the Siene.
Things to Do Near CDG
Of course, you are planning on climbing the Eiffel Tower, visiting the Arc de Triomphe, and strolling along the Champs-Élysées. But before you head downtown, there are a few things to do close to the airport that you might want to check out first. Here are some of our favorites:
- Museum of the Renaissance: Why fight the crowds at Versailles when you can experience all of the history, culture, and art at this impressive castle and exquisite gardens less than 8 miles from CDG?
- Parc Forestier de la Poudrerie: Stretch your legs and recharge your soul after a trans-Atlantic flight with a refreshing walk through nature’s bounty.
- Batobus: You’re going to be wandering wisely all throughout the city during your stay in Paris. By starting off with a boat tour on the Seine, you’ll know where all of the important points of interest are located in advance.
Delight in Paris
Travelocity helps you find the cheapest flights to Paris or more luxurious first-class Paris airfare. You can even get mobile-exclusive Paris flight deals with the Travelocity app. If you want to get great prices on all aspects of your trip, search for Paris vacation packages that include cheap flights to Paris, accommodations, tours, and a meal or two. Take time to explore the neighborhood around your hotel; you'll most likely run into charming small boutiques, eateries, and bars you won't find anywhere else in the city. The finer things are waiting. Get your plane tickets to Paris and let the “City of Lights” be a beacon on your journey to experience them all.