FAQs about Florence Flights
Which airlines fly to Florence?
A couple of easy clicks is all it takes to book your airfare to Florence. There are 8 airlines that fly into this city. For a smooth travel experience, check out these sought-after carriers:
What airport is best to fly into Florence?
- Air France
- Gol Transportes Aéreos
Florence Airport (FLR-Peretola) is located 4 miles (6 kilometers) from the center of Florence. It's the sole airport servicing the city, so there's no risk of your cabbie dropping you off at the wrong one! Where to stay in Florence
Are you keen to explore all that Florence offers? First you'll need cozy place to rest your head. Reserve one of the 1,416 properties within close reach and get your adventure off to a spectacular start.
If you're needing a lush trip away, there's no better place in Florence than the FH Hotel Calzaiuoli or the Hotel Pierre. However, if you're more of a budget traveler, check out the rates and rooms at the Hotel Por Santa Maria and the Hotel Medici.
Picture being just a stroll away from Ponte Vecchio, Oltrarno. It almost feels like you're in a dream, doesn't it? Fortunately for you, with accommodations such as the Orsanmichele and the Residenza Della Signoria, you can make that dream a reality. Places to visit in Florence
Ponte Vecchio and Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Flower aren't far from the middle of Florence, so you'd be mad to miss out on them. Put on your walking shoes and go for a stroll around this interesting neighborhood.
If you're planning to stay in this vibrant neighborhood for a little while, you'll have heaps to keep you busy. Noteworthy attractions like Palazzo Vecchio and Piazza della Signoria are just a stone's throw away.
Make inquiries into a guided tour of Pitti Palace, a historical landmark and one of the region's must-see attractions. Need more close by options? At Boboli Gardens, you'll be able to find a variety of sculpted artworks lying among leafy shrubs and trees in a quiet garden environment. And there's more. You should explore Piazzale Michelangelo, a historic piazza that attracts both tourists and locals. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Florence
Make your trip to Florence a little easier by reading over these practical security tips:
- Have your boarding pass and travel ID somewhere accessible. They'll be the first things you'll be instructed to produce by security staff.
- Keep in mind that metal belt buckles can set off the body scanner's alarms. If you're wearing one, you may be told to remove it before proceeding.
- Laptops must be removed from their protective cases and placed in a tub before X-raying.
- When it comes to flying with gels and liquids, all passengers are permitted a quart-sized clear zip-lock bag to transport containers no bigger than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters).
- Hiking boots and other bulky shoes are often X-rayed by airport security. We suggest wearing lightweight sneakers instead.
- Stash any multi-tools or other sharp and pointy items in your checked luggage. Airport security won't permit these in carry-on baggage.