Gain a better understanding of the places, people and events that have influenced this region at Blithewold Mansion Gardens and Arboretum, one of the most well-known historical sights.
It's just one of several reasons that many worldly wanderers spend time in the wonderful city of Newport again and again.
There aren't a lot of accommodation options if you're looking to reserve a room within a short drive of Blithewold Mansion Gardens and Arboretum. The nearest one is the Point Pleasant Inn & Resort, just 2 miles (3 kilometers) away.
If all the day's walking has left you a bit hungry, go to The Lobster Pot (119 Hope St, Bristol). It's only 0.6 miles (1.0 kilometer) away.
Other Things to Do Near Blithewold Mansion Gardens and Arboretum
Besides Blithewold Mansion Gardens and Arboretum, here's a list of some addtional things in the region that you'll want to do:
- Spending time shopping at Oliveira Textiles is a great way to fit in with the locals.
- Imagine you've been transported back to a time before iPhones as you tour Linden Place Mansion, a local historic house.
- If you're after somewhere to keep the kids busy, you could check out Musee Patamecanique.
- Stand a few paces back and enjoy the smooth, modern lines of Newport Bridge, an impressive architecture project which could also be considered a work of art.
- If you're fascinated by nature, you will be eager to visit Coggeshall Farm Museum, a unique local attraction.