Where to stay in Akron: Best areas for travelers
- Summit County: Home to major attractions like Firestone Country Club and Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens, it shouldn't be a surprise that this neighborhood is the top choice for many visitors. You'll be in the thick of all the action and have your pick of places to stay, including the Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Cuyahoga Falls, OH. The Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls and the Courtyard Akron Downtown are other places from which to discover this popular part of the city.
- Canton: If Pro Football Hall of Fame is on your must-see list, this neighborhood is a perfect choice. You'll have easy access to this renowned attraction from numerous hotels, like the McKinley Grand Hotel, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Canton South and the Home2 Suites by Hilton Canton.
- North Canton: If you feel the need for a little fun, you'll find it at Harry London Chocolate Factory and Sanctuary Golf Club — two family-friendly sights in this area. Treat the whole crew to a comfortable stay at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Akron Canton Airport, the Hilton Garden Inn Akron Canton Airport or the Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham North Canton.
- Copley: Fun attractions, a great vibe, a good selection of hotels — why wouldn't you stay in this place? Book a room at the Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn, the Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - East or the Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West. Then, head out and check Akron Fossils & Science Center off your list of things to do.
- Kent: One of the great things about staying in this neighborhood is that there's so much to keep you occupied. Map out a route and spend a day discovering fascinating attractions like The Kent Stage, Off The Wagon and Dix Stadium. When you've ticked them all off your list, rest your aching feet at the Kent State University Hotel and Conference Center, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kent State University or the Days Inn by Wyndham Kent - Akron.
Popular places to visit in Akron
Located along the picturesque Cuyahoga River in Ohio, Akron sits just south of Lake Erie and Cleveland. Known by nicknames such as the City of Invention and also Rubber City, Akron has always been about big ideas, hard work, and resourcefulness. Akron's big-city amenities are coupled with a small-town vibe that provides charm and energy no matter where you go. So, start looking for Akron packages today, and get ready for the vacation of a lifetime!
Many people taking Akron vacations choose to explore the Akron Art Museum, which showcases absolutely stunning exhibits, and the Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens, which is Akron's largest historic landmark. Performances at the Akron Civic Theater are always entertaining, and the University of Akron Hower House (a beautiful Victorian mansion) is certain to impress architectural enthusiasts. For the outdoors enthusiast, the Hale Farm and Village can teach you about rural life in the 1800s. And if you need to refuel, Akron is known for many great food spots: enjoy the city's delicious hamburgers, cornucopia ice cream, oatmeal, pizza, and more. Areas like downtown, Highland Square, and Northside offer great wining and dining spots.
Festivals and Events
Events throughout the year keep Akron buzzing with excitement. See what you can find at the Made in Ohio Festival on Labor Day weekend, attend the World Golf Championships Bridgestone Invitational in early August, and watch the All-American Soap Box Derby in late July and early August. If you want to indulge, go to the National Hamburger Festival in August and see how much you can eat!
With so much to do here, start looking for hotels in Akron today. Know that you can save with Akron hotel packages on Travelocity. If you need to rent a car in Akron at a good price, you can also find it here. To save even more, look for exclusive mobile deals on the Travelocity app.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Akron?
How long should my Akron vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Akron?
Why should I purchase my Akron vacation package via Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Akron car rental if I combine it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Akron?
Which airport is best for Akron?
What is there to do in Akron?
Where should I stay when visiting Akron?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.