Your taste buds spring to life as salt from the rim of your glass mixes with the margarita you’re sipping. With sunglasses shielding your eyes from scorching sun, you survey the scene of this sandy expanse surrounding you. Children play in the gentle waves while the sea breeze tickles the tips of palm fronds. This is exactly what you had in mind when you decided to make your way to Mexico, wise wanderer. Welcome to Acapulco, the paradise of the Americas.
By booking a stay in any of the Acapulco beach hotels, you can spend your time sunbathing on the sand, swimming with sea creatures, and enjoying the other exciting facets of this dreamy destination. But before taking off for the Mexican adventure you’ve always wanted, here are answers to a couple of frequently asked questions.
Where are the best beaches to visit in Acapulco?
In addition to Acapulco’s explosive nightlife scene, the beaches are obviously another big draw. If you want to spend some time near the waves, there a handful outstanding beaches awaiting you in Acapulco:
- Caleta Beach: Situated in the older part of the city, this hot spot for swimmers and families and offers plenty of souvenir shopping.
- Puerto Marques: A must-see destination for surfers and shutterbugs, Puerto Marques is just a short drive from both the airport and Acapulco’s hospitality hub.
- Revolcadero Beach: This gorgeous and mostly secluded beach is ideal if you’re staying at the Princess Hotel, but is otherwise a bit of a hike.
- Pie de la Cuesta: Expect spectacular sunsets from these western sands that are home to massive waves, world-class water skiing, and reputable seafood restaurants.
- La Bonfil: Considered one the best surf spots in Acapulco, this quiet beach has monster waves, and lies a bit off the beaten path.
- Hornos Beach: Beloved by many locals, this stretch of sand close to Acapulco’s center has gentles waves that are ideal for novice swimmers and surfers.
Can I swim with dolphins near Acapulco?
Acapulco offers a variety of experiences for visitors who want to get up close and personal with dolphins: CiCi Waterpark: This landmark waterpark has been a part of Acapulco’s scene for generations and continues to attract families with its massive wave pool, numerous waterslides, and dolphin shows that let you swim alongside the intelligent sea dwellers.
- El Rollo Water Park: Prepare for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure at this park featuring pools, slides, and bilingual guides. Admission to the grounds even includes round-trip transfers from many hotels, and a 30-minute or hourlong swim experience with dolphins.
- Delfiniti Ixtapa: With a name that means “Place of White Sands,” this area makes your dreams of dolphins come true by granting you the opportunity to interact with these animals in any of six distinct programs.
When you use Travelocity to book a stay at any of the best beach hotels in Acapulco, you can rest assured that you’re getting the web’s most attractive offers. Whether you prefer a room in Las Brisas Acapulco, Calinda Beach Acapulco, or any of the other Acapulco hotels on the beach, our site helps you find the perfect room at the right price. Book your stay today, and you’ll be enjoying a margarita by the beach before you know it.