Tolland State Forest the perfect place to go for those looking for some time in the great outdoors.
It's located in Otis, which is 110 miles (177 kilometers) outside of Concord, the capital of the state.
Even though there are no accommodation options in the immediate vicinity, you won't be left out in the cold when it comes to finding a comfy bed and a warm shower. With no less than 5 places to stay that are 13 miles (21 kilometers) away, you won't mind the commute from Great Barrington. A handful you can take a peek at are the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Lenox Great Barrington, Days Inn Great Barrington and Monument Mountain Motel.
Other Things to Do Near Tolland State Forest
You can take full advantage of your time away by discovering the region's other attractions after you're finished with Tolland State Forest:
- The lovely shores of Otis Reservoir are the perfect location to breathe in the clean air and appreciate the splendors of nature.
- Make sure you leave some time to go to Farmington River, a well-known body of rushing water that should definitely be on every tourist's itinerary.
- Make time to go to Otis Ridge, where you can ski all day long.
- Tackle the peaks at Maple Corner Farm Cross Country Ski Area to feel your blood pumping.
- A calm and protected place, Becket Land Trust Historic Quarry is a great location to unwind.