You can't dispute that spending time among nature is good for our physical and mental health. If you're feeling a bit worn out from your day-to-day, a quick visit to Sky Pond might be just what the doctor ordered.
You can visit it in Estes Park, 50 miles (80 kilometers) from the state capital, Denver.
Don't be discouraged if you can't find any accommodations nearby. There are some a bit farther out. With no less than 5 places to stay that are 35 miles (56 kilometers) away, you won't mind the short commute from Fraser. Well-liked by travelers are the Meadowridge Resort, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fraser - Winter Park Area and Indian Peaks Resort.
Other Things to Do Near Sky Pond
After you're finally finished at Sky Pond, you won't run out of ideas with all of the other things that are going on in the area:
- Get out your walking boots and head out on Bear Lake Trailhead. This lovely hiking trail is a good way to see the natural charm of this region.
- To have a fulfilling experience in the region, you mustn't miss the opportunity to take in the land from an elevated outlook like Longs Peak.
- Relax on the shores of Chasm View Lake, where you can munch on a packed lunch and enjoy nature.
- Visit Key Hole Notch, an eye-catching feature of the surrounding landscape.
- Soak in the serenity of nature at Sprague Lake.