During your time at Potawatomi Zoo you will learn about its inhabitants and how they are taken care of.
To see it, head about 130 miles (209 kilometers) from the state capital, Indianapolis, to South Bend.
You will have 3 possible accommodations to consider nearby. The Residence Inn By Marriott South Bend and Ivy Court Inn & Suites are both within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Potawatomi Zoo.
For tourists that appreciate bargain prices, think about making a reservation at one of the less expensive accommodations available here. Some favorites are the Quality Inn & Suites South Bend and the Candlewood Suites Airport.
After a day of wandering, visit Jeannie's Whitehouse Cafe (1444 East Mishawaka Avenue, South Bend), which provides delicious sweet treats, attentive service and brilliant coffee. Your stomach will be grateful if you eat at Pits BBQ, 1526 East Mishawaka Avenue, South Bend.
Other Things to Do Near Potawatomi Zoo
Surely you're not intending to wrap up your day after Potawatomi Zoo? Allow yourself some time to see what else the area has to offer:
- Are you eager to escape the hectic pace of city life? Go and check out Howard Park, an idyllic urban oasis.
- Treat the entire family to some fresh air and exercise at Coquillard Park, a popular recreation park.
- With welcoming staff and a choice of activities, you'll have a great day splashing around at East Race Waterway.
- If you adore the ambience of historic colleges and universities, a scheduled visit to Bethel College will feed your passion.
- You'll probably hear the locals mention Century Center Convention Center, an important venue that hosts various events and conferences.