You'll find that history is still alive and well when you stop by Pelletier House.
To see it, get yourself to Jacksonville. You'll soon find out what makes this city so popular.
You'll be happy to know there are 4 accommodations nearby. The Econo Lodge and Days Inn Jacksonville NC, situated within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Pelletier House, are well-liked by many travelers.
The Best Rest Inn, 0.7 miles (1.1 kilometer) away, has professional service at a budget-friendly price.
Barley Wine Cafe & Catering Co. is the ideal place for a quick cup of hot coffee or a mouth-watering pastry, cake or tart. Thankfully, it's just a short stroll from Pelletier House. When you're looking for a place with a more comprehensive menu, Elsa's Place will do wonders for an empty stomach. It's the ideal time to share a drink when the shadows grow longer. Ask the bartender for a local drink at Shirley's V-Bar, just five minutes on foot.
Other Things to Do Near Pelletier House
After you're finished at Pelletier House, there are an assortment of other things to keep you occupied:
- Stop by Onslow County Vietnam Veterans Memorial, a monument that serves as a reminder of the past.
- Those with a military background will enjoy taking a look at Camp Gilbert H. Johnson.
- Soldier on to Marine Corps Air Station New River, where you might get the chance to tour the base.
- No matter how many fun tours you take part in while you are here, a couple of hours spent at Coastal Carolina Community College will open your eyes to the spirit of the students here.
- Pick up the perfect last-minute gifts at Jacksonville Mall.