You can smell the crawfish boiling as you read this, can’t you? It is next to impossible to plan a trip to New Orleans without your mouth watering. Yes, there are Mardi Gras parades, seemingly monthly music festivals, and live blues and jazz clubs that bring visitors to the Big Easy. But, the real reason you and your pooch are going is for the food. With Travelocity, you can book plenty of dog-friendly hotels in New Orleans—like the Omni Royal Orleans Hotel —that put you close to all the culinary delights. With so many French, Creole, and soul food restaurants to choose from, you’re going to need a lot of doggie bags, no pun intended.
What is there to do with kids in New Orleans?
For a city best known for its nightlife, there is actually no lack of things to do with kids (including your furry ones) in New Orleans. You’ll have no trouble building a family-friendly itinerary with stops in all of the city’s popular neighborhoods like the French Quarter, the Garden District, and Esplanade Ridge. Here are some attractions to add to your list:
- Vieux Carré: Take a carriage or walking tour through this neighborhood where you’ll be entertained by street performers, see historical sights, and learn about the significance of the Crescent City.
- Mardi Gras World: Visit for a behind-the-scenes look at how the Carnival season’s most famous parade comes together.
- City Park: If your pet-friendly hotel in New Orleans is close by, take the kids for a walk here for a host of cultural and recreational activities like the Museum of Art, Storyland, and Carousel Gardens.
- Louisiana Children’s Museum: Spend the day interacting with the art, music, math, science, and health exhibits. Be careful, you might learn something while you’re having fun!
Are there any famous restaurants in New Orleans?
Is gumbo delicious? Of course it is! There are more famous restaurants run by celebrity chefs in New Orleans than spices in jambalaya. Many New Orleans pet-friendly hotels—like the La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown —are within walking distance of the majority of these great places to eat.
Emeril Lagasse has three New Orleans eateries:
- NOLA: Located in the French Quarter, this casual restaurant features Cajun dishes.
- Emeril’s: Found in the Warehouse District, you can indulge in upscale New Orleans cuisine at its finest.
- Emeril’s Delmonico: Sitting on St. Charles Avenue, this establishment kicks the Creole up another notch.
- Louisiana Kitchen: If it wasn’t for chef Paul Prudhomme, there may have never been an Emeril. K-Paul’s Louisiana Kitchen is a must-stop on any New Orleans culinary tour.
- Dooky Chase’s Restaurant: If you want a true taste of Louisiana soul food, be sure to stop by chef Leah Chase’s iconic neighborhood café, where she’s been feeding the masses since 1946.
Other renowned eateries include:
When you book your pet-friendly New Orleans getaway with Travelocity, not only will you and Droolius Caesar get a great deal on your accommodations, you’ll save enough to buy an extra order of crawfish etouffe, a heaping side of red beans and rice, a few too many beignets for dessert, and an oyster po-boy sandwich to go. Your mouth’s still watering, isn’t it?