The calm turquoise waters of the Gulf of Mexico gently kiss the white sugar sand which mirrors the clouds and sky floating above. The gentle breeze sends welcomed chills down your back, reminding you that you are awake and not drifting away in a wonderful dream. You push your toes deeper into the soft beach while you wonder how much time has passed. A minute? An hour? The clock is an afterthought along this pristine shoreline. The artifacts of everyday life—like shoes, a phone, and stress—have been left back at your Naples beachfront hotel. Today, nothing matters, save the sand, the surf, and the sky. Tomorrow, your escape from reality continues with sinking a difficult putt on a manicured golf course, finding a one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry at a luxury boutique, and discovering the perfect pairing of fine wine and fresh seafood at an upscale eatery. Such is the life in this south Florida sanctuary of serenity on the Paradise Coast.
What are the best beaches in Naples?
When you vacation at a Naples beach hotel like the Inn of Naples, you are just steps away from some of the most inviting oceanfront opulence on the planet. Put your sunglasses and tanning lotions to good use at the following beaches:
- Barefoot Beach: Voted as the #2 best beach in the nation by Dr. Beach in 2015, this preserve offers over 8,000 feet of shoreline and even has a canoe trail through a mangrove forest.
- Clam Pass: After a day on the sand, take a stroll along the meandering boardwalk through groves of shady trees that are home to many species of shorebirds.
- Vanderbilt Beach: If your view of the horizon is not expansive enough from your lounge chair, improve your perspective from the observation tower.
- Marco Island: In between tanning sessions, explore the tidal lagoon, home to a variety of conch, needlefish, and horseshoe crabs.
Where are the best restaurants in Naples with a view of the water?
If you are searching for an amazing place to dine that won’t take you too far away from your Naples hotel on the beach, a meal at an establishment overlooking the water will help you remain connected to the beauty under the Florida sun. Here are some of our favorite local eateries:
- EJ’s Bayfront Café: Start your day with the best brunch in town where fresh local ingredients and the breeze from the bay wake you up better than a strong cup of coffee.
- The Blue Heron: For an intimate meal with a breathtaking view, the Blue Heron’s individually prepared dishes and picturesque sunsets please even the most discerning tastes.
- Bayside Seafood Grill & Bar: With sweeping views of Venetian Bay, adventurous cuisine, and tempting cocktails, this is one of Naples’ most refined upscale restaurants.
When you book your Paradise Coast vacation through Travelocity, you’ll find a wide selection of lavish accommodations—like the Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club —at an incredible price. With the money you save, you can buy the earrings to match the necklace you purchased from the boutique on Fifth Avenue.