Mother Nature's majestic creations are wonderful to witness. Maquoketa Caves State Park is one of them.
It's situated in Clinton. If you're not familiar with that name, it's 150 miles (241 kilometers) outside of the capital of the state, Des Moines.
The area surrounding Maquoketa Caves State Park doesn't have any accommodations. But there is no need to worry, since the neighboring areas have places to stay. Drive 30 miles (48 kilometers) and you'll find Moline, in addition to 7 places to stay. The Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Quad Cities, Radisson On John Deere Commons-Moline and Fairfield Inn By Marriott Moline Airport are some of your choices here.
Other Things to Do Near Maquoketa Caves State Park
Once you've finished with Maquoketa Caves State Park, don't neglect the area's other sights:
- Whether you have a trained palate or just love drinking wine now and then, Tabor Home Vineyards Winery is a wonderful place to try the local flavors.
- Learn about local natural habitats with a tour of Jackson County Conservation.
- If you're after somewhere to keep the kids busy, plan a trip to Clinton Engines Museum.
- Educating yourself about the history of a place at Jackson County Historical Society might make you feel more invested in the land and its citizens during your stay.
- Ohnward Fine Arts Center features art courses, exhibits and music shows that are certain to lend you greater insight into the area's vibrant arts scene.