ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
A stay at this Waikiki resort places you steps from Royal Hawaiian Center and a 5-minute walk from Waikiki Beach Walk. Waikiki Beach and International Market Place are also within half a mile (1 km).
A full-service spa, 4 restaurants, and 2 outdoor pools are all featured at this luxury resort. Enjoy beachfront dining and relax with beach cabanas and sun loungers. There's fun for all ages with a children's pool and a waterslide, and supervised childcare is an added bonus.
IPads, free WiFi
Boasting iPads, the 528 guestrooms also offer free WiFi and iPod docks. Other amenities include flat-screen TVs, refrigerators, and room service.
The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki ratings based on 48 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki
May 24, 2019 by Guest Experience Team
Aloha, Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that our Luxury Collection bed was comfortable, and the view from your room was to your liking. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
May 11, 2019 by Guest Experience Team
Aloha, Thank you for your kind comments! We are delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
May 11, 2019 by Guest Experience Team
Aloha ! Thank you for sharing your experience with us at The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort. We are thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us, and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future!
May 11, 2019 by Guest Experience Team
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort. We are thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us, and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future!
Nov 28, 2018 by Guest Experience Team
Aloha Joyce, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience that was caused during your stay with us due to the limited service and noise from the strikers. We completely understand your disappointment and frustration - especially during a stay when you were celebrating a special 40th anniversary. We wish there was more that our team was able to do to turn your stay around. We take feedback from our guests like yourself very seriously, and will be sure that this is shared with the team here at The Royal Hawaiian. We thank you again for your candid feedback, and truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Royal Hawaiian PARADICE
Great location and beautiful hotel but...
About the The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, WaikikiLocation 2259 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96815
Sit back and relax on the beach with cabanas (surcharge), umbrellas, and sun loungers. At The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki you can cool off in one of the 2 outdoor swimming pools and indulge in a pampering afternoon at the full-service spa. There are 4 restaurants on site, along with a coffee shop/café. You can enjoy a drink at one of the bars, which include a beach bar, a poolside bar, and a bar/lounge. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. This luxury resort also offers an outdoor pool, a children's pool, and a 24-hour fitness center. Parking is available for a fee. This 5-star Honolulu resort is smoke free.
- 528 guestrooms or units
- 4 dining venues
- 12000 sq ft of conference space
- 1115 sq m of conference space
- Built in 1927
- Dining venue
- Bar on the beach
- Bar by the pool
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Supervised kid's activities (surcharge)
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Cabanas on the beach (surcharge)
- Beach lounge chairs
- Towels for the beach
- Umbrellas for the beach
- Cabanas by the pool (surcharge)
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Umbrellas for the pool
- Conference center
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front-desk safe
- Car service
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Beauty salon
- Computer for guest use
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Onsite shopping
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Honolulu, HI (HNL-Daniel K. Inouye Intl.) (15.5 km / 9.7 mi)
- Property shuttles: Airport shuttle
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki offers 528 air-conditioned accommodations with iPads and iPod docking stations. Beds feature down comforters. 37-inch flat-screen televisions come with pay movies. Guests can make use of the in-room refrigerators and coffee/tea makers. Bathrooms include bathtubs or showers, bathrobes, slippers, and designer toiletries. This Honolulu resort provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, laptop-compatible safes, and phones. Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottled water and hair dryers. Housekeeping is offered daily and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested.
- IPod dock
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Premium channels
- Movies for purchase
- Coffee maker
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Down blanket
- Bathtub or shower
- Cribs (free)
- Rollaway beds (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Hair dryer
- Laptop safe
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Air conditioning
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy buffet breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 11 AM.
Surf Lanai - This restaurant specializes in Hawaiian cuisine.
Azure Restaurant - This beachfront restaurant specializes in seafood and serves dinner only. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Open daily.
Mai Tai Bar - This beach bar serves light fare only. Open daily.
Royal Hawaiian Bakery - This coffee shop specializes in American cuisine. Open daily.
A Royal Hawaiian Luau, ’A - This restaurant serves dinner only. Reservations are required. Open select days.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
2 outdoor swimming pools are on site along with an outdoor pool. In addition to a children's pool, other recreational amenities include a waterslide, a spa tub, and a 24-hour fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Snorkeling on site
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding on site
- Parasailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Horse riding nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
Abhasa Spa has 9 treatment rooms including rooms for couples and outdoor treatment areas. Services include deep-tissue massages, hot stone massages, Swedish massages, and facials. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including reflexology. The spa is equipped with a spa tub.
The spa is open daily.
- Number of treatment rooms 9
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Spa tub in spa
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Wheelchair accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Assistive listening devices available
- Braille or raised signage
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
24-hour airport shuttle service is available on request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Airport transportation is offered on request 24 hours a day. Fees may apply. Please make arrangements in advance by contacting the property.
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- Only service animals are allowed
- Tax ID - W58245760-01
- Debit cards
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 39.79 per accommodation, per night
The resort fee includes:
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room bottled water
- Additional inclusions
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 42.00 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 32 per person (roundtrip)
- Valet parking fee: USD 40.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Hawaiian Royal
- Royal Hawaiian
- Royal Hawaiian Luxury Collection
- Royal Hawaiian Luxury Collection Resort
- Royal Luxury Collection
- Royal Luxury Collection Resort
- Royal Hawaiian Luxury Collection Resort Waikiki
- Royal Hawaiian Luxury Collection Waikiki
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian
- The Royal Hawaiian
- The Royal Hawaiian A Luxury Collection Resort
- The Royal Hawaiian a Luxury Collection Resort Waikiki
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki Resort
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki Honolulu
You should know
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki offers transfers from the airport (fees may apply). Please contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation with your arrival details prior to travel.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.