Filling your lungs with the clean air at Grafton Lakes State Park is a great way to calm your frazzled nerves.
To experience it firsthand, travel to Albany, the state capital.
Part of the beauty of the area around Grafton Lakes State Park is that it's not dense with developments. The downside of this is that you have to journey a bit further afield to get accommodations. With as many as 9 places to stay that are 30 miles (48 kilometers) away, you surely won't mind the short commute from Williamstown. Popular with fellow travelers are The Orchards Hotel, House On Main Street and Williamstown Motel.
Other Things to Do Near Grafton Lakes State Park
You can stop by a whole range of other attractions after enjoying Grafton Lakes State Park:
- Make time to go to Pineridge Cross Country Ski Center, where you can spend the whole day skiing.
- A cemetery might not be the top site on most people's lists, but you'll discover that Oakwood Cemetery has a compelling story to tell about the region's history and background.
- Take a break and flip through a magazine in Peebles Island State Park, a green urban sanctuary.
- The unspoiled beauty of Poestenkill Falls is something every visitor should experience.
- Book a tour of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and watch as the enthusiastic pupils and thoughtful instructors scurry around this spirited campus.