Domaine Carneros is a terrific place to take a break from the trials and tribulations of the rat race.
It awaits you in Napa, which is 50 miles (80 kilometers) from the state capital, Sacramento.
If you don’t want to spend a great deal of time commuting, check out the Carneros Resort and Spa, only 1 mile (2 kilometers) away from Domaine Carneros.
If you're simply searching for a solid roof over your head, check out the handful of reasonably priced hotels that are a quick drive away. The 3 Palms Napa Valley Hotel & Suites and the Hollyhock Country House are worth a shot.
Live like royalty at one of the several top-end establishments that are a short commute away. You may want to ask about rooms at the Milliken Creek Inn & Spa and Andaz Napa - a concept by Hyatt.
Every now and then, you simply need to hit the bar and let loose. After your big day out, make some entertaining new memories at Mont St John Cellars (5400 Old Sonoma Road, Napa), a brief walk of 0.6 miles (1.0 kilometer).
Other Things to Do Near Domaine Carneros
Once you are done with Domaine Carneros, be sure not to neglect the area's other sights:
- Treat your eyes to some creative works at Di Rosa, a prominent art museum which should be featured on your cultural attractions list.
- Vineyard Knolls Golf Course is a good place to hone your skills and socialize.
- A trip to Artesa Winery is sure to be an experience for your senses.
- Ceja Vineyards is a great stop for everyone from wine connoisseurs to casual drinkers.
- There's no better place to take time out than Westwood Hills Park. Become immersed in a good book, throw around a ball or simply lie in the shade of a tree in this idyllic urban oasis.