It's well known that time spent in nature is good for the soul. If you're feeling a bit tired and frazzled, a quick visit to Black Hills Caverns might be just the ticket.
Rapid City, where it is located, lies 150 miles (241 kilometers) from the capital of the state, Pierre.
Want to stay within easy reach? Since there's just 1 hotel in the area, it's a good idea to reserve your room before it's too late. It is an easy commute of 7 miles (11 kilometers) to Black Hills Caverns from the Sweetgrass Inn B&B.
Other Things to Do Near Black Hills Caverns
When you're finally finished with Black Hills Caverns, you won't be at a loss for ideas with everything else that's going on in the rest of the area:
- Learn something new and have fun with the family at Cleghorn Springs Hatchery & Visitors Center.
- You're sure to feel relaxed as you listen to the soothing sound of cascading water at Thunderhead Falls.
- Looking for a slower pace? Make arrangements to have a look at Chapel in the Hills, a place of worship.
- If you love sports and wouldn't mind playing a quick round, pay a visit to The Golf Club at Red Rock.
- Experience a day to remember at Storybook Island. From scrumptious treats to gravity-defying rides, this park caters to everybody.