So, you want to know more about Vandenberg Air Force Base?
It's located in Lompoc, 270 miles (435 kilometers) from the capital of the state, Sacramento.
Within 6 miles (10 kilometers) of Vandenberg Air Force Base, there are a total of 3 possible accommodations to consider. You might like to add the Holiday Inn Express Lompoc and Lompoc Valley Inn & Suites to your shortlist.
Are you sick of paying an arm and a leg for somewhere to sleep? Go to the Motel 6 Lompoc, a reasonably priced solution that's just 7 miles (11 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Vandenberg Air Force Base
After your time at Vandenberg Air Force Base, prepare for the other terrific attractions that the region has to offer:
- Marshallia Ranch Golf Course is an excellent place to hone your skills and meet some locals.
- La Purisima Mission State Historic Park is the perfect getaway for visitors yearning to get outdoors.
- Head to River Park, a grassy getaway, and simply enjoy soaking up some sun and admiring the green, leafy landscape.
- Imagine what life was like years in the past when you're on a tour of the local historic house, Fabing-McKay Spanne House.
- While not the most prestigious or famous museum, Artesia School Museum is still worth visiting if you like to learn.