Humans weren't meant to spend all their time living in cities, surrounded by concrete. An adventure to places like Two Lights State Park isn't just terrific fun, it's a necessity.
It's just one of several reasons that many adventurers head to the beloved city of Portland each year.
Since it's only 1 mile (2 kilometers) away, many people who visit Two Lights State Park end up staying at the Inn By The Sea.
Practical tourists may enjoy the value of the Higgins Beach Inn, 4 miles (6 kilometers) away.
If all the exploring has left you a little famished, make your way to The Lobster Shack at Two Lights (225 Two Lights Road, Cape Elizabeth). It's a mere 0.4 miles (0.6 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Two Lights State Park
After you're finished at Two Lights State Park, there are an assortment of other activities that'll keep you busy:
- Cape Elizabeth Light has helped navigate many vessels to safety throughout the years and is an important monument in the region.
- Remember to bring the sunscreen when you're going to Crescent Beach State Park. It's going to be a fun day in the sun.
- Escape from the hustle and bustle and head to Higgins Beach where you'll appreciate the soft crash of the waves.
- If you want to keep fit during your break, why not do some exercise at Fort Williams Park? This well-known park will force you away from the gym and into the open air.
- Appreciate the classical architecture and the rich navigational background of Portland Head Light.