Although this island owes its name to an apostle known for his doubts, there’s no reason for you to be uncertain about booking a trip to St. Thomas. With pristine beaches, Caribbean delicacies, and abundant sea life, this idyllic island can be paradise for couples, families, business travelers, or anyone in search of an exotic escape. Magens Bay Beach is a must-see, while Frenchtown, near Cay Bay to the south, offers European cuisine so authentic, you’d swear it was prepared in Paris. Sample some of the Caribbean’s finest seafood in the island’s East End, where rhythms from steel drums fill the air, and sea turtles welcome you to join them in the waves. And if you’re ready to let the waters of the Caribbean wash away your worries, count on Travelocity to help you find ideal St. Thomas hotels that fit neatly your budget.
Where to Stay in St. Thomas
Seeing as more than 2 million tourists visit the Virgin Islands each year, it should come as no surprise that there are more than a few hotels to choose from. If you’re not sure where to start evaluating your options, here are four of our picks as the best places to stay in St. Thomas:
- Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort for all-inclusive entertainment: Caribbean décor adorns this first-class resort, which offers exceptional amenities and awe-inspiring oceanfront views from many of its rooms. An ideal choice for business travelers and vacationers alike, there’s a lot to love about Frenchman’s Reef and its adjacent resort:
- Aqua Terra: Feast on savory entrees with ingredients from both land and sea at the upscale Aqua Terra restaurant.
- Water fun: Morning Star Beach features a splash zone for kids, but you can cool off in one of four swimming pools, including a couple of the infinity-type.
- Health and wellness: Stay on top of your workout routine at the on-site fitness center. And when you’re ready to relax, treat yourself to some personalized pampering at Lazule Sea Spa.
- Event space: With ballrooms, dozens of meeting rooms, and 60,000 sq. ft. of event space, this one-of-a-kind property makes it possible to host corporate meetings, beachside weddings, and occasions of any size.
- The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas for a sumptuous seaside stay: Combining the culture of the Caribbean with an extensive list of epicurean amenities, this 30-acre estate is steps from the sands of the Great Bay and Coconut Cove. Countless species of marine life occupy the waters, while the land plays host to a plethora of adventures awaiting your exploration when you’re not indulging in:
- Pools and spa services: In addition to a hot tub, traditional pool, and infinity-edge pool, the Ritz-Carlton invites guests to enjoy spa treatments in any of 11 rooms before unwinding in a seaside cabana.
- Dining and drinks: Enjoy views of local beaches, hills, and resorts from the hotel’s terracotta-roofed Grand Palazzo Club, or dine at any of the Ritz-Carlton’s four other oceanfront eateries.
- Event space: Interested in hosting an event in St. Thomas? This resort has more than 10,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor event space offering breathtaking views of the Great Bay and neighboring St. John.
- Water sports: Aquatic adventurers can engage in a number of nonmotorized water activities, or board a sunset cruise or chartered ride aboard Lady Lynsey, the Ritz-Carlton’s luxurious catamaran.
- Secret Harbour Beach Resort for family getaways and intimate escapes: This spacious beachfront resort on the east end of St. Thomas welcomes you to stay at their private, palm tree-lined property, which accommodates guests in condominium suites, rather than traditional hotel rooms. Take your vacation up with the resort’s:
- Sunset Grille: Offering inventive cocktails and an impressive selection of wines alongside American steakhouse-style entrees seasoned with Caribbean flare. The open-air dining room provides an incredible view only matched by the service and romantic beachside dinners, replete with Tiki torches and rose petals (available upon request).
- Cruzan Beach Club: A cozy, tiki-themed bar that blends Caribbean cuisine with flavors from the American Southwest. Sip on unique tropical cocktails on the outdoor patio, or request bottle service from the secluded VIP cabanas.
- Groceries: By taking advantage of Secret Harbour’s grocery provisioning service, you can spend more time enjoying your adventure, rather than wandering around the local food store.
- Marine sanctuary: The resort’s private cove is adjacent to a marine sanctuary, and aside from sunbathing, snorkeling, and swimming, there are a wealth of watersports for families and couples to take part in.
- Bolongo Bay Beach Resort for fun-filled, no-frills adventures: If opulent surroundings aren’t quite your style, Bolongo Bay Beach Resort is the spot for you. This ultracasual waterfront accommodation is nestled in a cove along its namesake bay and offers live entertainment every night. All-inclusive options are available, and if you’re in the market for a beachfront wedding, the resort’s on-staff romance director is happy to help when you’re not busy with:
- Food and drink: Enjoy a peaceful meal at Bolongo Bay’s Lobster Grille, or let your hair down at the resort’s more vibrant venue, Iggie’s Beach Bar &Grill.
- Surprise sips: Partake in the resort’s weekly snorkel booze hunt, where you get to wet your whistle with whatever you find.
- Outdoor activities and gym: Take a dip—or an introductory scuba lesson—in the freshwater pool that features swim-up bar, play beach volleyball with the resort’s available courts, or get your workout in at the on-site cardio room.
- Water sports: Hit the waves as long as you’d like thanks to unlimited free use of paddle boards, kayaks, and other nonmotorized vessels, or go for a cruise on Bolongo Bay’s award-winning catamaran, Heavenly Days.
If you can’t wait another minute to book your trip to the Virgin Islands, count on Travelocity to help you score unbeatable deals on cheap hotels near St. Thomas at any time of year. Our extensive selection of hotels in St. Thomas is the largest in the world, giving you the greatest number of options before deciding which St. Thomas lodging option is right for you. Make your choice today, and watch any doubts you have disappear upon arriving on this island.