There aren't too many things that can equal the intoxicating sensation of the great outdoors. Make your way to Sea Lion Caves for a much-needed dose.
It's located in Florence, which is approximately 80 miles (129 kilometers) from the state capital, Salem.
After a busy day out, you'll be glad to return to your room relatively quickly for some well-deseved rest. If you wish to stay in the area, you only have 1 option. It is a quick drive of just 6 miles (10 kilometers) to Sea Lion Caves from the Driftwood Shores Resort And Conference Center.
Other Things to Do Near Sea Lion Caves
You're here to visit Sea Lion Caves, but you may well be pleasantly surprised by what else the region has available:
- Find a vantage point, get cozy and watch the sunset from Heceta Head Lighthouse.
- Don't miss out on the beauty of nature that awaits you at Hobbit Trail. This local hiking trail is very popular among visitors and locals alike.
- A hike along the well-known John Dellenback Dunes Trail invariably rewards nature enthusiasts with scenic vistas and a refreshing break from the buzz of busy tourist sites.
- Experience the sights and sounds of the natural world at Darlingtonia State Natural Site.
- Spend some time notching a few birdees at Sandpines Golf Course.