Mount St. Helens is the perfect getaway for those looking for some time in the outdoors.
We're sure you won't need much convincing to go see it in Portland, as it's a vibrant city to visit in its own right.
Don't be discouraged if you don't find any hotel options nearby. There are several a bit farther away. Drive 35 miles (56 kilometers) and you will discover McMinnville, along with 5 places to stay. Frequented by fellow travelers are the Red Lion Inn & Suites McMinnville, GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville and Motel 6 McMinnville.
Other Things to Do Near Mount St. Helens
Once you're finally finished at Mount St. Helens, you're not likely to run out of ideas with all of the additional possibilities in the area:
- Discover facts about local natural environments with a tour of Charles W Bingham Forest Learning Center.
- Those who love nature must remember to pack their walking gear for a romp along Loowit Trail.
- Check out one of the region's most prominent bodies of running water, Toutle River.
- Let your mind wander while gazing at the stars at Johnston Ridge Observatory.
- Ape Caves is a fantastic natural formation where travelers can enjoy venturing into a different world beneath the earth.
Need insider tips on must-see attractions in Mount St. Helens? Check out our Mount St. Helens travel guide!