Taking a minute to inhale the clean air at Lost Lake is a wonderful way to soothe your frazzled nerves.
To find it, you'll need to travel approximately 70 miles (113 kilometers) from the state capital, Salem, until you reach Hood River.
If you're always ready and willing for new adventures, you probably won’t mind doing a bit of traveling to get to your hotel. There are none in the immediate vicinity, but you will find some if you head farther out. You can choose from 5 places to stay in The Dalles, 18 miles (29 kilometers) away. Visitors recommend The Dalles Inn, Super 8 The Dalles OR and Oregon Motor Motel.
Other Things to Do Near Lost Lake
You've come here to experience Lost Lake, but you might be just as pleased with what else the region has going on:
- Go for a memorable hike among nature's beauty at Eagle Creek Trailhead, a well-known local trail.
- The natural beauty of Wahclella Falls makes this spot a wonderful escape.
- See how the management of water performs a significant role here, when you visit Bonneville Lock and Dam.
- For some adrenaline-filled fun, visit Cooper Spur Ski Area and shred some snow.
- Bridge of the Gods is one of the area's most well-known structures and a not-to-be-missed landmark on your travels here.