There aren't too many things that can equal the intoxicating sensation of being outdoors. Head to Iowa Arboretum for a much-needed dose.
When you're ready to go, it will be waiting for you in Iowa.
Even though it's impossible to find any hotels within close range, don't despair. The Embassy Suites Hotel Des Moines Downtown is 25 miles (40 kilometers) away, the Residence Inn by Marriott Des Moines West 25 miles (40 kilometers) and the Des Moines Marriott Downtown 25 miles (40 kilometers).
Other Things to Do Near Iowa Arboretum
Whether you want to venture down the path less traveled or check out the more popular sights, you won't run out of things to do after you visit Iowa Arboretum:
- Snus Hill Vineyard and Winery is a great destination for everyone from wine aficionados to occasional drinkers.
- Get an authentic glimpse into life on the land at Picket Fence Creamery. Visitors can meet the farmers, say hello to an animal or two and discover the inner workings of the farm.
- Follow the path made by those from times past and make your way up Boone and Scenic Valley Railroad and Museum.
- Allow yourself to yield to the music and the physical beauty of the technically trained dancers at Lake Robbins Ballroom.
- Enjoy the sights and sounds of the natural environment as you hike through Big Creek State Park.