If you're the type of person that has a wide range of interests, you'll be sure to love Harris Hill Soaring Center.
It's located in Elmira, approximately 170 miles (274 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Albany.
If you can't live without comfort and convenience, you'll be happy to find out there are 11 accommodation solutions which are a short commute from Harris Hill Soaring Center. Spend a bit of time comparing the amenities at the Holiday Inn Express Elmira - Horseheads and Hilton Garden Inn Elmira/Corning.
If you're simply looking for a nice bed to lay your head on, have a look at the handful of budget-friendly solutions that are not too far away. The Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads and the Econo Lodge Elmira-Corning are a couple of the more reputable places.
Other Things to Do Near Harris Hill Soaring Center
Here's a sampling of the wider region's other things to do:
- Serious shoppers may want to head straight for Cottage Gift Shop, an iconic store which some people specifically visit the area for.
- You could be wildly passionate about aircraft, or you might just like the relative ease of jetting off to somewhere new and exciting. No matter what your thoughts are about the world of flight, visitors from all walks of life will enjoy spending time at National Soaring Museum.
- Don't miss Tanglewood Nature Center and Museum if you're eager to learn a lot more about the local environment.
- There's a lot to learn at Wings of Eagles Discovery Center. See an extensive range of exhibits on a wide range of topics.
- Cemeteries are a lot more than just a final resting place. Woodlawn Cemetery of Elmira is one of those historic cemeteries that can bring to life stories of the past.