Watkins Glen State Park is the ideal destination for those wanting to get back in touch with nature.
This site is located in Watkins Glen, which is an estimated 160 miles (257 kilometers) from the state capital, Albany.
Watkins Glen State Park will basically be right outside of your front door if you decide to reserve a room at The Blackberry Inn Bed & Breakfast and Watkins Motel.
After your excursion to Watkins Glen State Park, take a five-minute walk to Dunkin' Donuts for a snack, a good cup of coffee or a cold drink. Also close by is Burger King, where you'll find a more extensive menu. As the day comes to an end, you can toast the new memories you've just made at Maria's Tavern, which is also at your fingertips.
Other Things to Do Near Watkins Glen State Park
As well as Watkins Glen State Park, you might like to stop by one or two of the area's other interesting attractions:
- Could there be anything better than a fascinating cultural trip blended with spirits? Take the time to visit The Tasting Room and you will quickly find out.
- Sip the full-bodied essences from this area at Castel Grisch Winery.
- Be entertained by the many talented actors who give it their all at Old Havana Courthouse Theatre and admire the amount of effort which goes into a production.
- If you're hoping to find a quiet place where you can challenge your intellect, head over to Montour Falls Memorial Library, a local library featuring excellent collections and resources.
- The natural beauty of Hector Falls is something every visitor should experience.