So, you're making your way over to Georgia National Cemetery?
Cartersville, about 35 miles (56 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Atlanta, is where you will find it.
Expect a little bit of a journey to reach your hotel, since there's nowhere to stay in the immediate surrounds. Venture 20 miles (32 kilometers) and you will discover Rome, along with 7 places to stay. The Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Rome, Claremont House Bed & Breakfast and Days Inn Rome Downtown should be on your list.
Other Things to Do Near Georgia National Cemetery
Once you're finished checking out Georgia National Cemetery, get ready to experience what the rest of the area has available:
- A day at Cherokee County History Museum and Visitors Center is an awesome way to be alone with your thoughts in a relaxing setting.
- Before you go to Canton City Hall, do a little bit of research on this government building.
- Lights, camera, action! You'll experience a thrill of excitement and sink into your seat at Canton Theater.
- Hoping to find some parkland to have a family picnic, a relaxing stroll or just sit in the sun? You ought to visit Cline Park.
- Blankets Creek Mountain Bike Trails is prized by both locals and visitors. Enjoy the outdoors, and maybe a picnic with the family.