Grab your walking shoes and bask in the views around you at Fort Townsend State Park, a great place to spend a day in the fresh air with the family or friends.
You can find it in Port Townsend, which is roughly 70 miles (113 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Olympia.
After visiting Fort Townsend State Park, end an enjoyable day at a cozy hotel. There are 6 accommodation options within 6 miles (10 kilometers). You should add the Amber Lights Bed and Breakfast and Aladdin Motor Inn to your shortlist.
If you don't care about fancy features but just want to have a nice bed to sleep on, you might like to stay at one of the surrounding area's budget hotels. If you don't know where to start, have a look at the Inn at Port Hadlock and the Port Townsend Inn.
Other Things to Do Near Fort Townsend State Park
If you're hoping to pack as much as you possibly can into your trip, here's a sampling of what else is happening:
- Discover the wonder and magic of flight at Port Townsend Aero Museum. This is one of the area's most renowned attractions, where you will be able to enjoy hands-on learning through interactive exhibits.
- The French painter Renoir once said that if you want to understand art, you have to go to a museum and look at it. Why not heed the advice and stop at Kelly Art Deco Light Museum on your trip?
- Take a break to look at some of nature's bird species and wildlife at Kah Tai Lagoon Nature Park.
- Before you make your way to Jefferson County Courthouse, research this civic building.
- Port Townsend Golf Club is a good place to spend a day out on the green and introduce yourself to some of the local players.