If you are the kind of person that finds wonder in everything, you'll be sure to have a great time at Fort Custer Recreation Area.
To see it, head about 50 miles (80 kilometers) from the state capital, Lansing, until you reach Kalamazoo.
It's better to plan your accommodation before you head off, since there are no options near Fort Custer Recreation Area. Popular places are the JW Marriott Hotel Grand Rapids, 50 miles (80 kilometers) away, the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Grand Rapids, 45 miles (72 kilometers) away, and the Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton, 50 miles (80 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Fort Custer Recreation Area
If you have more time, be sure to investigate what else is happening in the area:
- Liven up your evenings and partake in the local arts scene. Barn Theatre puts on an assortment of plays which you can attend.
- Are you interested in developments in medical science? If the answer is yes, it is worthwhile paying a visit to Veterans Affairs Medical Center and seeing if you can go on a tour.
- Spend a few hours practicing your swing at Gull Lake View Golf Club.
- Learn more about the fascinating natural world at Kingman Museum.
- If you can't visit any of the more recognized museums, grow your knowledge at Dr. John Harvey Kellogg Discovery Center.