Cruises to Central America
Popular Central American Cruise Destinations
- Costa Rica: Looking to swim underneath waterfalls, zip line through the jungle, or swing in a beachside hammock? Costa Rica’s ecotourism can’t be beat. Whether you’re hiking through Pos Volcano National Park or picking up souvenirs in the port town of Puntarenas, nothing tops Central American cruises to Costa Rica.
- Belize: When you’re trying to maximize your time in the water, book a cruise to Belize. Snorkeling around Ambergis Caye or scuba diving near the Great Blue Hole are captivating experiences. The lighthouses and boutique shops of Belize City are also bound to dazzle.
- El Salvador: Visit Mayan ruins in Tazumal, trek around the 1,200-acre Volcanoes National Park, or take a day excursion along “La Ruta de Las Flores,” the famed Flower and Coffee Trail.
- Panama Canal: Panama Canal cruises are a unique way to explore Central America. Traversing the canal takes roughly 20 hours, and you’ll witness tropical Caribbean destinations and impressive engineering accomplishments along the way.
What should I pack for a cruise around Central America?
- Waterproof jacket: When you’re planning for shore excursions, think ahead and bring along a waterproof jacket. Depending on what ports of call you want to hit in Central America, you may encounter intermittent rain storms.
- Walking sandals: Looking to tour national parks and repel down waterfalls? You need a good pair of shoes to keep the adventure going.
- Sun protection: Sunglasses, comfortable hats, and sunscreen are all musts. Reapply sunscreen throughout the day, so you don’t spend the entirety of your vacation treating an aching sunburn.
Gran Hotel Ciudad De MexicoAv 16 De Septiembre N 82, Mexico City, 06000
Stay at this 4.5-star luxury hotel in Mexico City. Enjoy free WiFi, 2 restaurants, and a rooftop terrace. Our guests praise the helpful staff and the comfy rooms ...
Gran Hotel Ciudad De Mexico$164
Hotel PresidenteAvenida Central, Calle 7, San Jose, San Jose, 2922-1000
Stay at this 4-star business-friendly hotel in San Jose. Enjoy free WiFi, free parking, and 2 restaurants. Our guests praise the helpful staff and the clean ...
Hotel Morales Historical & Colonial Downtown CoreAve Corona 243 Centro, Guadalajara, JAL, 44100
Stay at this 3.5-star historic hotel in Guadalajara. Enjoy free WiFi, free parking, and 4 bars/lounges. Our guests praise the breakfast and the helpful staff ...
Hotel Morales Historical & Colonial Downtown Core$85
Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancún - All InclusiveBlvd. Kukulcan km. 9.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, QROO, 77500
Stay at this 4.5-star luxury property in Cancun. Enjoy free breakfast, free WiFi, and free valet parking. Our guests praise the pool and the restaurant in our ...
Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancún - All Inclusive$499
Lowest nightly price found within the past 24 hours based on a 1 night stay for 2 adults. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.
*Prices are cruise only, per person, double occupancy. Taxes, fees and port expenses not included. Rates are valid for US and Canadian residents only. Fuel supplement may apply. Savings advertised and Expedia Extras are based on specific cabin types and sailing dates, and may not be available for all cabin types/sailings.