Panama Canal Cruises
What cruise lines go through the Panama Canal?
- Holland America: You’ll find things are quite relaxed on these cruise ships—there are no fixed dining assignments. These vessels typically depart from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, or San Diego, California. From there you’ll have ports of calls in Central American countries like Costa Rica before passing through the man-made-wonder that is the Panama Canal.
- Norwegian Cruise Line: This traditional cruise line fully embraces the glitz and glam of the Golden Age of Cruising and usually departs from Miami, Florida. Cruise itineraries often include stops at South American ports like Cartagena, Colombia. After passing through the canal’s set of locks, your ship will dock at Mexico’s coastal wonderland of Puerto Vallarta.
- Princess Cruises: This cruise line aims to please, with a wide variety of activities and dining options. Many of its ships depart from either Tampa or Miami, Florida, with cruise destinations to Aruba and Curacao. A stop at Gatun Lake will give you time to marvel at the Panama Canal before proceeding on your way. Many Princess Cruises have a final stop in either Colon, Panama, or Limon, Costa Rica.
What’s the difference between Partial Transit and Full Transit?
- Partial Transit: These cruises tend to be shorter and are round-trip. The ship usually goes as far as Gatun Lake before turning around and heading back to home port. Expect to be aboard for up to 11 nights.
- Full Transit: As the name implies, you’ll be passing cruising through the entire canal. And if this is on your bucket list or you are an engineering aficionado, then this will be for you. You will also have more cruise types to choose from (budget or luxury), since many cruise lines provide a full transit trip—up to 14 days!
Wyndham Panama Albrook Mall Hotel & Convention CenterAve. Marginal Avenida Ancon 1451, Santa Ana, Panama City, Panama
Located in the heart of Panama City, this hotel is within 2 mi (3 km) of Albrook Shopping Mall, Anthropological Museum Reina Torres de Arauz, and Museum of Contemporary ...
Wyndham Panama Albrook Mall Hotel & Convention Center$109
The Westin Playa Bonita PanamaKm 6 Road to Veracruz, Panama City, Panama
Nestled on the beach, this Panama City hotel is within 9 mi (15 km) of Veracruz Beach, Frank Gehry Biodiversity Museum, and Amador Causeway. Cinta Costera and ...
The Westin Playa Bonita Panama$144
Gamboa Rainforest ReserveCorregimiento de Cristobal, IA 5, Gamboa, Colon
This family-friendly Gamboa hotel is located on a river, 0.6 mi (1 km) from Soberania National Park, and within 12 mi (20 km) of Centenario Bridge and Pedro ...
Gamboa Rainforest Reserve$127
Summit Rainforest & Golf ResortOmar Torrijos Ave, Paraiso, Panama Canal, Ancon, Panama
This family-friendly Ancon hotel is located in a national park, 5.4 mi (8.6 km) from Miraflores Locks, and within 12 mi (20 km) of Metropolitan Cathedral of ...
Summit Rainforest & Golf Resort$76
Lowest nightly price found within the past 24 hours based on a 1 night stay for 2 adults. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.
*Prices are cruise only, per person, double occupancy. Taxes, fees and port expenses not included. Rates are valid for US and Canadian residents only. Fuel supplement may apply. Savings advertised and Expedia Extras are based on specific cabin types and sailing dates, and may not be available for all cabin types/sailings.