Cruises to South America
What’s there to see at the top South American cruise destinations?
- Unique Wildlife: If you’ve always wanted to see a penguin up close, then both Punta Arenas and the Falkland Islands have these well-dressed birds roaming the surrounding beaches, as well as elephant seals and Commerson’s dolphins. Beyond the wildlife, both areas boast unspoiled majestic beauty. Off the coast of Ecuador, the Galapagos Islands are also worth a look. Besides the famed giant tortoises, the rich marine life (including sea iguanas) surrounding the islands is a must-see for any diver.
- One-of-a Kind Cities: Experience the natural and cultural diversity of South America. A port of call in Buenos Aires introduces you to a city of old-world European charm fused with a vibrant Latin culture and an incredible food scene famous for succulent steaks. Rio de Janeiro’s golden beaches and lush mountains frame a city brimming with activity day and night. Once you round Cape Horn, you may stop in Tierra del Fuego. The town of Ushuaia offers travelers a welcoming basecamp to recharge after they have explored these windswept lands at world’s end.
Which South America cruise line is right for me?
- MSC Cruises: This Swiss-based cruise line strives for a more refined cruising experience. You won’t find a lot of glitz on these ships, but simple elegance and eclectic amenities like adults-only pools, as well as spas and 4D cinemas. While the line doesn’t specifically cater to kids, those that are 11 years and younger sail for free.
- Costa: The largest cruise line in Europe offers an Italian-style experience: the food, shows, décor, and festive atmosphere are Mediterranean-inspired. This line aims to give passengers a memorable experience off the ship as well, and provides numerous shore excursions.
- Princess Cruises: This line caters to families and couples seeking a competitively priced and relaxed cruise. They have supervised activities for children like science centers and movie nights, and offer both assigned and unassigned dining experiences.
Rochester ClassicEsmeralda 542, Buenos Aires, Capital Federal, 1007
Stay at this 3.5-star business-friendly hotel in Buenos Aires. Enjoy free WiFi, breakfast, and room service. Our guests praise the breakfast and the WiFi in ...
Regal Pacific Buenos Aires25 De Mayo, 764, Buenos Aires, Capital Federal, BPN1002
Stay at this 4.5-star luxury hotel in Buenos Aires. Enjoy free WiFi, free parking, and an outdoor pool. Our guests praise the breakfast and the helpful staff ...
Regal Pacific Buenos Aires$113
Almacruz Hotel y Centro de ConvencionesSan Antonio 65, Santiago, Region Metropolitana, 8320263
Stay at this 4-star business-friendly hotel in Santiago. Enjoy free WiFi, free parking, and 2 restaurants. Our guests praise the helpful staff in our reviews. ...
Almacruz Hotel y Centro de Convenciones$76
Argentina Tango HotelSuipacha 545, Buenos Aires, Capital Federal, C1008AAK
Stay at this 3-star business-friendly hotel in Buenos Aires. Enjoy free breakfast, free WiFi, and a 24-hour front desk. Popular attractions Obelisco and Plaza ...
Argentina Tango HotelGet Rates
Lowest nightly price found within the past 24 hours based on a 1 night stay for 2 adults. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.
*Prices are cruise only, per person, double occupancy. Taxes, fees and port expenses not included. Rates are valid for US and Canadian residents only. Fuel supplement may apply. Savings advertised and Expedia Extras are based on specific cabin types and sailing dates, and may not be available for all cabin types/sailings.