ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
City center retreat
At this Near North Side hotel, you'll be well placed to visit John Hancock Center and Water Tower Place, both steps away. Michigan Avenue and State Street are also within half a mile (1 km).
Multiple dining options
This boutique hotel features 2 restaurants, a bar/lounge, and a fitness center. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the business center, free WiFi in public areas, and valet parking. Self parking, express check-in, and a computer station are also offered.
Free Internet, flat-screen TVs
The 222 guestrooms offer free WiFi and free wired Internet, flat-screen TVs with satellite channels, and minibars. Other amenities include room service, Egyptian cotton sheets, and free weekday newspapers.
The Whitehall Hotel ratings based on 95 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for The Whitehall Hotel
Sep 19, 2018 by Shelli L
Thank you for your feedback!
Aug 28, 2018 by ANITA B
Thank you for your response! We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us and look forward to welcoming you again!
Aug 24, 2018 by Susan S
Thank you for your feedback! I will forward your comments to our housekeeping manager. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Jul 28, 2018 by Anita B.
We appreciate the feedback! In addition to the restaurants, we also offer complimentary tea and coffee every morning in the lounge area from 6:30 am - 9:30 am. We hope this helps if you were inconvenienced in any way.Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!
Please do something about those shower knobs!!
Jul 8, 2018 by The Whitehall Hotel Staff
Thanks so much for your feedback!
Great location for shopping & dining
May 14, 2018 by Concierge
Thank you for your feedback.
Best location in Chicago for reasonable rate.
Excellent hotel in downtown Chicago
About the The Whitehall HotelLocation 105 E Delaware Pl, Chicago, IL 60611
There are 2 restaurants on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Business amenities include a business center and a meeting room. A computer station is on site, and both WiFi and wired Internet are free in public spaces. The business-friendly The Whitehall Hotel also features a fitness center, coffee/tea in a common area, and concierge services. Parking is available for a fee. This 4-star Chicago hotel is smoke free.
- 222 guestrooms or units
- 21 levels
- 2 dining venues
- Built in 1927
- Bar or lounge
- Business facilities
- 1 conference room
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee in lobby
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Storage area for luggage
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Self parking (surcharge) , Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.) (22.3 km / 13.8 mi)
- Train station: Millennium Station (1.8 km / 1.1 mi)
- Metro station: Chicago Station (Red Line) (0.5 km / 0.3 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking and self parking available for a surcharge
The Whitehall Hotel offers 222 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and safes. Beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets and premium bedding. Flat-screen televisions come with premium satellite channels and pay movies. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations, bathrobes, designer toiletries, and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and complimentary weekday newspapers, as well as phones; free local calls are provided (restrictions may apply). Additionally, rooms include hair dryers and irons/ironing boards. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Satellite channels
- Premium channels
- Movies for purchase
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Shower and tub combination
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Weekday newspapers (free)
- Local calls (free)
- Hair dryer
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy full breakfast daily from 7 AM to 11 AM.
Meis Corner - Onsite restaurant.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
The hotel has a fitness room with an array of treadmills, ellipticals, stairmasters, and other cardiov machines. The fitness room also offers free weights, water, towels, and TVs.
The Whitehall is 3.5 blocks from a path along Lake Michigan which is popular for running, biking, and skating. The Marovitz public golf course, four miles from the hotel, offers a challenging and scenic golf experience overlooking the lake.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at 5:30 AM
- Minimum check-in age is 21
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Pets: USD 30 per pet, per night, plus a deposit of USD 30.00 per night
- Only dogs are allowed
- Maximum 2 per room (weight limit: 30 lb)
- Certain rooms only, restrictions apply
- You can request a pet-friendly room by reaching out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 16 and USD 99 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 46.00 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 65.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 30.00 per night
- Pet fee: USD 30 per pet, per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Hotel Whitehall
- Whitehall Chicago
- Whitehall Hotel
- Whitehall Hotel Chicago
You should know
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Pets are welcome in certain rooms only; other restrictions apply (please see the Fees section for related charges). To make arrangements for your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation.