FAQs about Sydney Flights
Which airlines fly to Sydney?
Being a major travel hub, it's hardly surprising that Sydney has 23 airlines that fly into the city. Check out the fares on offer with these reputable carriers:
What airport is best to fly into Sydney?
- Air New Zealand
Sydney, NSW Airport (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) is approximately 6 miles (9 kilometers) from the center of Sydney. It's the sole airport servicing the city, so there's no chance of your cabbie transporting you to the wrong one! Where to stay in Sydney
Book your accommodations in Sydney so you can move on to the more enjoyable stuff! When you organize your trip with Travelocity, you'll be able to choose from an impressive 1,104 properties around New South Wales' state capital.
Splash out on luxury at The Westin Sydney or The Tank Stream. After all, it's not every day you go on vacation! The Base Sydney - Hostel and the Sydney Star Backpackers are some less expensive options if you'd prefer to spend your vacation budget on experiences and activities.
Is Sydney Opera House, East Sydney the primary reason for your trip to Sydney? To make things easier, you might want to stay in a place within walking distance! We recommend you look at The Westin Sydney and The Apartment Service A2504. Places to visit in Sydney
Sydney Opera House and Bondi Beach should be top priority on the bucket lists of all Sydney wanderers. Revise your sightseeing program and spend a day or two looking around these truly unforgettable attractions!
Sydney Harbour Bridge is not only crucial to the local area, but also to the interested travelers who come here to talk about its historic features. Like some more options? The family is guaranteed to have a fantastic day of fun with the games and rides at Luna Park, a great local theme park. But that's not all. Make your way to The Intersection, where you'll be able to mix with local people while savoring a beer or some wine. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Sydney
If you like the thought of spending more time at the airport cafes and less time wading through security on your way to Sydney, follow these helpful tips:
- Be sure you know the location of your boarding pass and passport. You don't want to hold up the line when you're asked to hand them over.
- You'll need to stop the tunes for a little while. Earphones need to be taken off and put in a bin for X-raying. The same applies to items such as keys and coins.
- Ensure your laptop and electronic devices are easy to reach. These items need to be sent through the X-ray machine separately.
- Deodorant, toothpaste and other toiletry items in cream, liquid or gel form need to be stored in containers smaller than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters). They also need to fit in a 1-quart (1-liter) clear zip-lock plastic bag.
- Safety boots and other cumbersome shoes are usually X-rayed by airport security. Think about wearing simple sneakers instead.
- Put any pocketknives or other pointy items inside your checked luggage. Security personnel don't permit these aboard the aircraft.