FAQs about Dayton Flights
Which airlines fly to Dayton?
Book your ticket with one of the 11 airlines that fly to Dayton and enjoy an unforgettable new adventure. Carriers with great reviews include:
What airport is best to fly into Dayton?
- United Airlines
- Air New Zealand
- American Airlines
Flying in and out of Dayton is effortless, as it has just one airport. You'll find Dayton, OH Airport (DAY-James M. Cox Dayton Intl.) approximately 10 miles (16 kilometers) from the bustling downtown area. Where to stay in Dayton
Booking the perfect place to stay is a vital ingredient for an incredible travel experience. Select from 26 accommodations in Dayton and start planning the escape of your dreams!
The Crowne Plaza Dayton are some of Travelocity's suggested accommodation options in Dayton. Places to visit in Dayton
Got a day or two to spare? The Dayton Art Institute and the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery are some worthwhile attractions in the area. You'd be crazy to leave before checking these off your to-do list.
For a greater insight into the history of the area, sign up for a visitors' tour of the campus and impressive buildings of Sinclair Community College. Want some more options? Learn the fascinating history of University of Dayton with a prearranged tour of the campus grounds. And that's not all. You'll probably hear locals talk about Dayton Convention Center, a very significant facility that hosts various events and conferences. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Dayton
These practical tips and hints about airport security checks will save you a lot of time and energy on your way to Dayton:
- Ensure your boarding pass and travel ID are easily accessible. You will be instructed to show them straightaway.
- You'll have to put your tunes on pause for a short while. Headphones must be taken off and placed in a bin to be X-rayed. The same applies to items such as keys and coins.
- Make sure your laptop, phone and other electronic devices are easily accessible. These items need to be put through the X-ray machine in separate tubs.
- Toothpaste, deodorant and other toiletry items in gel, liquid or cream form need to be stored in containers smaller than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters). They must also fit in a 1-quart (1-liter) clear zip-lock bag.
- Untie your shoelaces in preparation for entering the body scanner. Depending on the style of shoes you're wearing, security may instruct you to remove them.
- Some countries have strict quarantine laws. Consider where you're going to and whether or not it's permissible to fly with fresh fruit and other foods.