On the lookout for some accommodation close to Barrier Island Center?
It is situated in Melbourne Beach. If you're unfamiliar with that name, it is 290 miles (467 kilometers) away from the capital of the state, Tallahassee.
Finding a place to stay in the vicinity of Barrier Island Center shouldn't be a problem, since there are 3 hotels within 6 miles (10 kilometers). See which one you prefer out of the Best Western Plus Sebastian Hotel & Suites and Capt Hiram's Resort.
Most tourists who visit with limited funds end up staying at the Sandrift Motel, 4 miles (6 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Barrier Island Center
If you want to experience more than just Barrier Island Center, get a taste of what else the area has available:
- You'll certainly catch the attention of locals simply by mentioning the illustrious name, Aquarina Country Club. This is a private club with a variety of excellent recreational facilities.
- Reconnect with nature by checking out the well-known Sebastian Inlet State Park, the perfect place for visitors wanting some time in the outdoors.
- After you're done with the more famous museums, you can check out what's on at Sebastian Fishing Museum.
- If you're looking for someplace to keep the kids busy, spend some time at McLarty Treasure Museum.
- If you're on the hunt for somewhere to keep yourself entertained, you can try Urca de Lima Underwater Archaeological Preserve.