You will discover that history lives on in the present when you stop by Saugerties Lighthouse.
Kingston, 40 miles (64 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Albany, is where you'll find it.
If you would prefer an easy commute from your hotel, it would be a good idea to reserve one of the 3 nearby options early. Located within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Saugerties Lighthouse, the Wenton Motel and Diamond Mills Hotel & Tavern are sure to tick all your boxes.
You can save your hard-earned money for more exciting adventures when you stay at one of the moderately priced hotels that are not too far away. Some of your choices include the Howard Johnson Inn - Saugerties and the Comfort Inn Saugerties.
Other Things to Do Near Saugerties Lighthouse
You've spent a while getting here, so surely Saugerties Lighthouse isn't going to be your only stop. Once you've taken it in, be sure to take a look at what else the area has to offer:
- An important historical location, Clermont State Historic Site is worth visiting to get a feel for days gone by.
- Kick around a ball with your friends and enjoy your green surroundings at Seamon Park. You could even bring a picnic and make an afternoon of it.
- Newspapers, books, exhibits and other resources await you at Tivoli Free Library, a prized location for anyone who loves to read.
- You'll love a fascinating guided tour of The Clermont Mansion, a local historic house.
- Are you keen to spend some money? The iconic Village Books is a not-to-be-missed store on a lot of travelers' itineraries.