HITS-on-the-Hudson is certainly a place worth making the time for.
It is in Kingston. If you aren't quite familiar with that name, it's 40 miles (64 kilometers) from the capital of the state, Albany.
Reserving a hotel room within close reach isn’t too hard, with 2 options to consider. The Diamond Mills Hotel & Tavern and The Inn at Tamayo are within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of HITS-on-the-Hudson.
If you are just looking for a nice bed to lay your head on, take a look at the handful of inexpensive solutions that are a few minutes drive away. A couple of your options are the Howard Johnson Inn - Saugerties and the Comfort Inn Saugerties.
Other Things to Do Near HITS-on-the-Hudson
After seeing HITS-on-the-Hudson, why not explore some other attractions? Here are a few places to start off with:
- Toss a ball around with your kids and enjoy the green surroundings at Seamon Park. You might even like to bring a simple picnic and really make a day of it.
- Tourists always enjoy a fascinating guided tour of The Clermont Mansion, an area historic house.
- As far as local landmarks go, not many can compete with the charming view and notable architecture of Saugerties Lighthouse.
- Anyone interested in history will enjoy some time at Clermont State Historic Site.
- Left alone to let nature flourish, Esopus Bend Nature Preserve is a nice place to relax with the birds.