ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
City center stay
With a stay at this Midtown hotel, you'll be within half a mile (1 km) of Central Park and 6 miles (10 km) of Museum of Modern Art. St. Patrick's Cathedral and Carnegie Hall are also within 6 miles (10 km).
A full-service spa, a 24-hour fitness center, and a restaurant are all featured at this smoke-free hotel. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the 24-hour business center, free WiFi in public areas, and valet parking. You'll appreciate the sauna, bar/lounge, and concierge services.
Comfy beds, WiFi
Boasting comforts such as memory foam beds and premium bedding, the 528 guestrooms offer thoughtful touches like pillow menus and bathrobes. LCD TVs come with cable channels, and other amenities include WiFi and iPod docks.
JW Marriott Essex House New York ratings based on 55 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for JW Marriott Essex House New York
Great place next to Central Park
Great hotel and lovely location.
Terrible stay - this is not a 5 star hotel
Very nice and clean hotel. Room was very well proportioned and newly remodeled.
EVERITHING WAS GOOD EXCEPT THE CLEANLINESS OF EVERY DAY.
Everything was delightful.
Decline in service and morale
Started off bad, leveled off and is questionable now
About the JW Marriott Essex House New YorkLocation 160 Central Park S, New York, NY 10019
JW Marriott Essex House New York offers its guests a full-service spa, a sauna, and a 24-hour fitness center. There's a restaurant on site, as well as a coffee shop/café. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. Business amenities include a 24-hour business center and limo/town car service. Event space at this hotel measures 17544 square feet (1630 square meters) and includes a conference center. Spa services, tour/ticket assistance, and multilingual staff are also featured at the luxury JW Marriott Essex House New York. For a fee, parking is available. This 4.5-star New York hotel is smoke free.
- 528 guestrooms or units
- 40 levels
- 17544 sq ft of conference space
- 1630 sq m of conference space
- Built in 1931
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Business center (24 hours)
- Conference center
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff is multilingual
- Front-desk safe
- Car service
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Gift shop
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: WiFi (surcharge) , Wired Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia) (16.6 km / 10.3 mi)
- Train station: New York Grand Central Terminal Station (3 km / 1.8 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
JW Marriott Essex House New York offers 528 air-conditioned accommodations with iPod docking stations and minibars. Memory foam beds feature down comforters and premium bedding. A pillow menu is available. 46-inch LCD televisions come with premium cable channels. Bathrooms include showers, bathrobes, slippers, and designer toiletries. This New York hotel provides wired and wireless Internet access for a surcharge. Business-friendly amenities include desks, laptop-compatible safes, and phones. Additionally, rooms include hair dryers and irons/ironing boards. Housekeeping is provided daily. Renovation of all guestrooms was completed in October 2017.
- Memory foam beds
- IPod dock
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- LCD television
- Cable channels
- Premium channels
- Luxury bedding
- Down blanket
- Pillow options
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Hair dryer
- Laptop safe
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Air conditioning
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy full breakfast daily from 7 AM to 11 AM.
SOUTHGATE Bar Restaurant - This restaurant specializes in American cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Open daily.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
The hotel has a brand new Digital Internet TV system, which allows users to stream content from major internet television and movie providers.
Recreational options at the hotel include a 24-hour fitness center with steam room and sauna and two spa treatment rooms. Running trails are located in nearby Central Park.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
Guests can indulge in a pampering treatment at the hotel's full-service spa, PRIMP. Services include massages, facials, body wraps, and body scrubs. The spa is equipped with a sauna and a steam room. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and hydrotherapy.
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Steam room in spa
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 4 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
There is no after-hours reception at this property. Guests arriving late won't be able to check in until the next morning.
This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Guests arriving after hours will have to wait until the next morning to check in.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: USD 150 per pet, per stay
- Maximum 1 per room (weight limit: 25 lb)
- Certain rooms only, restrictions apply
- You can request a pet-friendly room by reaching out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- Only service animals are allowed
- Parking height restrictions apply
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 28.69 per accommodation, per night
The resort fee includes:
- Internet access
- Additional inclusions
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 47 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 16.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 16.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 75 per day
- Pet fee: USD 150 per pet, per stay
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Essex House
- Essex House JW Marriott
- JW Marriott Essex House
- JW Marriott Essex House Hotel
- JW Marriott Essex House Hotel New York
- JW Marriott Essex House New York
- JW Marriott Essex New York
- JW Marriott House New York
- JW Marriott New York
- JW Marriott New York Essex House
- JW Marriott Essex House New York Hotel
You should know
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Pets are welcome in certain rooms only; other restrictions apply (please see the Fees section for related charges). To make arrangements for your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.
Included in the mandatory resort fee is daily USD 25 food and beverage credit; 30 USD credit for choice of hotel spa or dry cleaning and enhanced wifi.
Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. Reservation may be required. Taxes and gratuity may not be included. Other restrictions and blackout dates may apply.