Taking a minute to inhale the fresh air at Natural Bridge State Park is a fantastic way to ease your harried nerves.
Head over to Slade to explore it. You'll find this destination about 70 miles (113 kilometers) outside of the state capital of Frankfort.
Unfortunately, accommodations close to Natural Bridge State Park are in short supply. The Black Bear Lodge Motel, just 0.9 miles (1.4 kilometers) away, is the best option.
Other Things to Do Near Natural Bridge State Park
After you've visited Natural Bridge State Park, prepare yourself for the other excellent attractions available in the rest of the area:
- Fat Man's Misery is a place that will humble you with its grandeur. Treat yourself to some sight-seeing if you get the chance.
- Those who love nature must remember to pack their walking and hiking gear for a romp along Osborne Bend Trail.
- If you love to be out on the water, find out about the range of activities at Red River Outdoors.
- You'll be delighted by the wonderful array of animals waiting to be discovered at Kentucky Reptile Zoo.
- Red River Gorge is a must-see for groups trekking in the surrounding area, because of its rugged geology and beautiful views.