Fetch your camera, pull out your walking shoes and spend a day in the fresh air at Red River Gorge, a marvelous natural attraction to feature on your to-do list.
You'll discover it in Stanton, which is 65 miles (105 kilometers) from the capital of the state, Frankfort.
Even though there's only 1 accommodation option nearby, you won't be missing out on comfort. The Black Bear Lodge Motel is only 4 miles (6 kilometers) from Red River Gorge.
Other Things to Do Near Red River Gorge
Once you are done with Red River Gorge, don't forget about the region's other attractions:
- Kentucky Reptile Zoo is the perfect place to be for animal fans.
- With welcoming staff and a choice of activities, you'll have a fun time splashing around at Red River Outdoors.
- Pull on your favorite walking boots and take on Osborne Bend Trail. This popular hike is a good way to experience the glorious natural beauty of the area.
- Fat Man's Misery is a must-see for groups walking in the area, due to its vast crevasses and craggy slopes.
- Thoroughly enjoy the sights and sounds of the natural environment as you explore Natural Bridge State Park.