ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
A stay at this London City Centre hotel places you steps from Her Majesty's Theatre and a 5-minute walk from National Gallery. Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square are also within half a mile (1 km).
A full-service spa, a 24-hour fitness center, and a restaurant are all featured at this smoke-free hotel. Families will appreciate the onsite laundry facilities and in-room childcare. Enjoy the steam room and perks like free WiFi.
Free WiFi, iPod docks
Boasting comforts such as Egyptian cotton sheets and pillow menus, the 183 guestrooms offer thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers. Free WiFi, iPod docks, and 24-hour room service are also available.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
95.0% of guests recommend out of 4567 reviews
About the Sofitel London St JamesLocation 6 Waterloo Place, London, England SW1Y 4AN
Sofitel London St James offers its guests a full-service spa, a steam room, and a 24-hour fitness center. Along with a restaurant, there's a coffee shop/café on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. WiFi is free in public spaces. Business amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and meeting rooms. Spa services, a library, and tour/ticket assistance are also featured at the luxury Sofitel London St James. For a fee, parking is available. This 5-star London hotel is smoke free.
- 183 guestrooms or units
- 6 levels
- 12 conference rooms
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Business facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front-desk safe
- Car service
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Wired Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: London (LCY-London City) (14.4 km / 8.9 mi)
- Train station: London Charing Cross Station (0.8 km / 0.5 mi)
- Metro station: Piccadilly Circus Underground Station (0.3 km / 0.2 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
Sofitel London St James offers 183 air-conditioned accommodations with iPod docking stations and minibars. Beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets. A pillow menu is available. Televisions come with cable channels. Bathrooms include bathrobes, slippers, designer toiletries, and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary newspapers, and phones. Additionally, rooms include laptop-compatible safes and complimentary bottled water. In-room massages and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily.
- IPod dock
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- HD television
- Cable channels
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Pillow options
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Newspapers (free)
- Childcare in room (surcharge)
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Hair dryer
- Laptop safe
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy English breakfast daily from 7 AM to 11 AM.
The Balcon - This restaurant specializes in French cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
St James Bar - Onsite cocktail bar.
24-hour room service is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
Located on three floors, the So SPA by Sofitel offers rejuvenating massages, facial treatments, and manicures.
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 11 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 60.0 per night.
- Pets: GBP 50 per pet, per night
- Only dogs are allowed
- Weight limit: 22 lb
- Restrictions apply
- For more information, you can reach out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
The charges below are included in your overall room price:
- Resort fee
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for English breakfast: GBP 26 per person (approximately)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: GBP 15 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: GBP 50 per day
- Pet fee: GBP 50 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 60.0 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Sofitel James
- Sofitel London
- Sofitel London James
- Sofitel London St
- Sofitel London St James
- Sofitel St
- Sofitel St James
- Sofitel St James Hotel
- Sofitel St James Hotel London
- St James Sofitel London
- Accor St James London
- Sofitel London St James England
- Sofitel St James London Hotel London
- Sofitel London St James Hotel
- London Sofitel St James
You should know
- The total price shown includes a resort fee.
- Up to 2 children 11 years old and younger stay free in the same room as the parent or guardian when using existing bedding.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- To make arrangements to bring your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation (please see the Fees section for related charges).
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of the World.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitEngland, the National Tourist Board for England.