Find the camera, unpack your walking shoes and appreciate a day in nature at Kankakee River State Park, a fantastic attraction to attach to your to-do list.
To reach it, make your way approximately 130 miles (209 kilometers) from the state capital, Springfield, to Wilmington.
You'll have to spread your net wide if you're after accommodation around Kankakee River State Park. Although there are none in the immediate vicinity, there are a few options in the surrounding region. 35 miles (56 kilometers) away in Lansing, you will find as many as 7 places to stay. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing, Comfort Suites Lansing and Sleep Inn Lansing are among the nicer places here.
Other Things to Do Near Kankakee River State Park
You've traveled for quite some time, so surely Kankakee River State Park isn't going to be your only stop. Once you've taken it in, investigate what the rest of the area has available:
- See what university lifestyle is like in another city by visiting Olivet Nazarene University. Ensure that you visit on one of the days when tours are available.
- You'll certainly find the perfect souvenirs and gifts for family and friends back home at Northfield Square Mall. Make sure you buy yourself a few treats, too!
- Hidden Cove is a local recreation center that is enjoyed by locals and visitors alike. Go there and burn off some calories
- Visit the informational exhibitions displayed at Kankakee County Museum.
- Kankakee Railroad Museum is a popular tourist site for transportation enthusiasts. Remember to add it to your itinerary.