Why waste time thinking it over? Fort Matanzas National Monument was made to be seen.
It's situated in St. Augustine, approximately 190 miles (306 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Tallahassee.
You won’t be left out in the cold when searching for accommodation options close to Fort Matanzas National Monument. You can choose from 2 hotels within easy commuting distance. You can compare the Beacher's Lodge and Pearl of the Sea Luxury Bed & Breakfast.
Other Things to Do Near Fort Matanzas National Monument
After seeing Fort Matanzas National Monument, why not stop by some of the other attractions in the area? Here are a few places to start:
- If you'd like to see marine life up close, take in the displays and have a lovely day out at Marineland.
- Go wildlife viewing, sharpen your photography skills and wander through nature at Faver-Dykes State Park.
- Some places are significant enough in nature that they're protected. Princess Place Preserve is one of those places.
- If you enjoy the great outdoors, Washington Oaks Gardens State Park is a place you need to experience. Bring the kids for a hike in the fresh air.
- Head to Florida Agricultural Museum if you've tried all the more famous museums and you're still thirsty for more!