Get away from crowded streets and concrete buildings when you visit Fort Casey State Park, where Mother Nature will take you under her wing.
You will find it in Coupeville.
Hotel options are somewhat sparse around Fort Casey State Park, but you can find 2 possibilities within 6 miles (10 kilometers). Spend a bit of time comparing the different amenities at The Inn at Penn Cove and Blue Gull Inn Bed and Breakfast.
A few hours of sightseeing always works up an appetite. When hunger strikes and you need to eat, stop at Keystone Cafe (12981 Washington 20, Coupeville), just 0.3 miles (0.5 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Fort Casey State Park
You've traveled for quite some time, so we imagine Fort Casey State Park won't be the only thing on your itinerary. Once you've taken it in, check out what the rest of the area has to offer:
- Ebey's Landing National Historical Reserve is a reserve where you can go for a stroll, and hopefully see some bird species.
- Choose a vantage point, make yourself comfy and watch as day turns to night at Point Wilson Lighthouse.
- Take in the unique design and the rich history of Marrowstone Point Lighthouse.
- Discover facts about the local natural environment with a trip to Port Townsend Marine Science Center.
- A trip to Island County Historical Society is an awesome way to learn about the regional history in a relaxing setting.