Soak up the vistas and set off for an energizing walk in nature at Falling Waters Preserve.
It is situated in Kingston. If you aren't quite familiar with that name, it is 45 miles (72 kilometers) from the capital of the state, Albany.
If you'd prefer a quick commute from your hotel, it would be prudent to get into one of the 2 nearby accommodations as soon as possible. The Wenton Motel and Diamond Mills Hotel & Tavern are both within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Falling Waters Preserve.
You can save some of your money for more exciting adventures when you spend a few nights at one of the reasonably priced solutions that aren't too far away. The Howard Johnson Inn - Saugerties and the Comfort Inn Saugerties are a couple of the more reputable establishments.
Other Things to Do Near Falling Waters Preserve
Whether you're wanting to venture down the road less traveled or explore the more popular attractions, you won't run out of things to do when you're finished at Falling Waters Preserve:
- Set aside to let nature flourish, Esopus Bend Nature Preserve is a pleasant place to admire the birds.
- Take the opportunity to browse the impressive collections at Tivoli Free Library, a local library.
- With a picturesque view down to the water and an interesting history, Saugerties Lighthouse makes for a pleasant day trip in the region.
- Savvy shoppers will want to head in the direction of Village Books, a renowned store that people visit the area for.
- Schedule some time at Clermont State Historic Site and you'll really get a sense of the site's significance.