Book a hotel near Essex Steam Train, Old Saybrook
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity Price Match Guarantee
Hotels near Essex Steam Train
Essex Steam Train Hotel & Travel Guide
You're bound to enjoy your visit to Essex Steam Train.
You'll discover it in Old Saybrook, 30 miles (48 kilometers) from the state capital, Hartford.
Just 1 mile (2 kilometers) away from Essex Steam Train, The Griswold Inn is the most convenient place to stay.
You won't need to spend all your savings if you stay at a modest hotel. There's a handful that are not too far away. The Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Old Saybrook Westbrook and the Liberty Inn are worth a try.
If you want to experience a little luxury for a couple of nights, you will need to book a room at the Copper Beech Inn. At 1 mile (2 kilometers) away, it's the only top-end answer in the area.
If you want a brief pause from roaming around Essex Steam Train, take the short stroll to Dunkin' Donuts for a piping hot cup or two of coffee. When you'd prefer somewhere with a more comprehensive menu, Pizza Pub will be sure to appease a rumbling tummy. Continue walking and while away an evening taste-testing the beer and wine at Wright's Steakhouse.
Other Things to Do Near Essex Steam TrainAfter visiting Essex Steam Train, get ready for the other activities that the area has to offer:
- Do some shopping at Essex Plaza Shopping Center, where you can pick up almost everything, including fashion, souvenirs and general supplies.
- Essex Library offers a collection of books and other resources that you might be interested in. Remember to make enquiries in advance for important visiting information.
- Pratt House is a local attraction that's perfect for history fans.
- While you're here, make sure you go and see Essex Island Marina, a marina.
- A trip to Connecticut River Museum is a wonderful way to learn about regional history in a relaxing way.